Can i take my dog to a groomer and just have her nails done?

I've always groomed my own dogs, however, i do feel like the nails should be done by someone with more experience than myself. Will a groomer just cut her nails and be done, or will they insist i get her fully groomed? And could anyone tell me how much…

I've always groomed my own dogs, however, i do feel like the nails should be done by someone with more experience than myself. Will a groomer just cut her nails and be done, or will they insist i get her fully groomed? And could anyone tell me how much…...
    General Dog Discussions : Can i take my dog to a groomer and just have her nails done?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can i take my dog to a groomer and just have her nails done?

Can i take my dog to a groomer and just have her nails done? General Dog Discussions
      I've always groomed my own dogs, however, i do feel like the nails should be done by someone with more experience than myself.
      Will a groomer just cut her nails and be done, or will they insist i get her fully groomed?
      And could anyone tell me how much getting her nails trimmed would cost?

Thanks!
      she is a rottweiler, and she is very nice.
      but she does a lot better when i am around, so would they allow me to stay with her?
      she gets nervous when she gets her nails trimmed, even when i do it, and i know she'd be more comfortable if i was there.

Can i take my dog to a groomer and just have her nails done? General Dog Discussions
    • Sure they will just cut the nails for you and if you ask I'm sure they will let you stay with her to keep her calmer. Should cost between $8 and $12 dollars, depending on where you live.

• Groomers will be happy to do just her claws. Depends on the groomer if they let you stay. Sometimes it can be distracting for the dog if the owner is in the room. What ever they decide please be confident in the knowledge that your dog is in the best hands.

• Yes you can walk into a grooming salon and request that the nails be done. If any salon tells you no that there must be a full groom walk out they just want to get more money out of you so walk out.

I have allot of clients that I just do nails on there dog. And yes you can stay with your dog, any salon that tells you no then walk out.

• You can go to any groomer and they will cut your dogs nails. It usually costs between 5 to 10 dollars depending on where you live.

It depends on the groomer but most will let you stick around and watch but if they think your nervous energy is making the dog hyper and difficult to trim the nails then you'll be asked to leave but that doesn't happen too often.

Good luck. I'm sure your dog will do just fine.

• You can take her to her vet or to a groomer to have her nails done. If you feel as though she would be better with you near most groomers will allow you to stay it her. Most vets will cut nails during an appointment if you ask.

My mother is a groomer and I just asked her and at her place they let the people stay near the dog.

• Yes, most groomers will just do the nails if you want and most would welcome you to stay with your large dog. Please do call ahead, however, as not ll groomers do large breeds and some won't do certain breeds. Also, ask when would be a good time to come in.