Another ? about my English Bulldog!?

I will describe this the best I can. About 3 hours ago I noticed that on his left eye, the "skin" on the inside of his eye that sounds his eyeball is kinda swollen over about a quarter of his eye. It is also producing alot of eye boogers(dont know what…

I will describe this the best I can. About 3 hours ago I noticed that on his left eye, the "skin" on the inside of his eye that sounds his eyeball is kinda swollen over about a quarter of his eye. It is also producing alot of eye boogers(dont know what…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Another ? about my English Bulldog!?...

• Another ? about my English Bulldog!?

Another ? about my English Bulldog!? Dog Breed Discussions
      I will describe this the best I can. About 3 hours ago I noticed that on his left eye, the "skin" on the inside of his eye that sounds his eyeball is kinda swollen over about a quarter of his eye. It is also producing alot of eye boogers(dont know what else to call them) He is acting normal and it does not appear to be bothering him. I got home from work and put him outside for about 15 minutes and when he came in is when I noticed it. As always, any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Another ? about my English Bulldog!? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Cherry eye? What is that other thing called when the eye lid rolls and then rubs on the cornia? Entropian something..Bull dogs are famous for it, I recommend reading about your breed, check it out on internet. there are tons of eye problems with bull dogs *(I have shar pei, same kinds of issue with eyes). Second, or while you are researching, I would call your breeder and they will give you lots of suggestions. you need to not just let any vet take care of eyes, get a suggestion from your breeder on who they use. It needs to be someone who has Bull Dog experience, because they are a special breed, their nasal passages are smaller, requiring different tubes for any sedative than a normal dog your doggies size. also, someone that is experienced will do the surgery right the FIRST TIME, not needing two or three trips. May need surgery (or it could honestly go blind... which is why many shelter dogs are blind in one eye) or it may just need eyes tacked. Possibly, if you are lucky, just some sav on the eye ball prescribed from your vet. Also, look up AKC site and research your breed standard, that will also give you ideas on eye issues. Get involved with your breed, you will learn a lot about him. Best of luck, It is important that you research and follow up, because it WILL turn in to a problem, and just like a car, if you wait to fix the problem, it will be even more expensive.

• My sister's two bullies had the same problem (cherry eye). Her vet told her that it is more cosmetic than anything, that he could do surgery on them but it was life threatening. With bullies, becuase of their sagging eyes, it looks more dramatic. It will irritate the eye, but can be "popped" back in temporarily. You can call your vet, take your dog in, and discuss treatemtn options. Sometimes it's better to wait, depending on how old your dog is, and if their airway is stable to put them under. You may want to wait until you do another procedure, like spay/neuter and do everything at once. It's more cost effective and safer for the dog, as they go under anesthesia only once. Best of luck to you!

• Is it pink and the corner of his eye???? where the tear duct would be if so it's called cherry eye My Bulldog had the same thing the only way to treat it is surgery... Other then that I can't tell you I would however take your dog to the vet... Best of luck with your Bull Dog...