I want to start showing my dog for the first time. Where would i go to find listings of fun local dog shows?

Contact your breeder or you can contact your local training club. You can also check the parent club of your dog's breed. Depends on if you're wanting to show in conformation or obedience or what.

I want to start showing my dog for the first time. Where would i go to find listings of fun local dog shows?

Contact your breeder or you can contact your local training club. You can also check the parent club of your dog's breed. Depends on if you're wanting to show in conformation or obedience or what....
    General Dog Discussions : I want to start showing my dog for the first time. Where would i go to find listings of fun local dog shows?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I want to start showing my dog for the first time. Where would i go to find listings of fun local dog shows?

I want to start showing my dog for the first time. Where would i go to find listings of fun local dog shows? General Dog Discussions
      Contact your breeder or you can contact your local training club. You can also check the parent club of your dog's breed. Depends on if you're wanting to show in conformation or obedience or what.

I want to start showing my dog for the first time. Where would i go to find listings of fun local dog shows? General Dog Discussions
    • http://www.infodog.com/showinfo/showCal.htmTry searching on this website. You do know that your dog must be AKC registered and of good conformation, I hope. Showing is NOT for BYB junk. Showing is for a dog that meets the AKC standard for that breed. Personally, I would start with a "fun match" if you can find one in your area.Add: I just saw what you added on. There isn't any conformation shows for the Continental Kennel Club. That is a SHAM registry. The only conformation shows are for AKC or CKC, meaning Canadian Kennel Club. You are SOL

• Go online to akc.org You can request a booklet with the years listings for your state. Also, contact your local breed club. There are more local breed specific or all breed dog shows through local clubs than you'd think. Some are AKC sanctioned others are not. You would need to enter the novice class for both you and your dog. There are age ranges for the dogs as well. Don't forget to dress nice. You'll have to pre-register and pay about a month before the actual show. UTD vaccinations, rabies shots and bordatella are required. Get a thin collar and a short thin chain leash. Your dog will also need to know how to "stand" and "stay" so the judge can get a good look. Must not be aggressive or overly shy and not bite. It can bark. There are plenty of loud dogs at dog shows. Bring a pooper scooper and baggies just in case. You'll need to bathe your dog the day before, get him groomed, spritz lightly before the show so hair stays in place and brush again.

• that's how I begin showing my dogs, I started with the local shows. Check in your local listings, you can usually find this info out in your local newspapers or sometimes on the internet. Look in the phone book, check with Petsmart, or call your vet because a lot of time they have this info as well. Good luck, have fun and most of all, make sure your pup enjoys it.

• I have never shown dogs before. Just want a small fun local dog show in my area. Nothing big or fancy.And anything else I need to know about showing dogs.My dog is a Pure Breed Saint Bernard. she has papers with a CKC. Do I have to get her papers though somewhere else to show at local shows? What else I need to know about showing dogs? and where could i look to find local dog shows in my area. Nothing Fancy just for fun.I want to show in conformation classes, but all the CKC holds are Obedince and ability classes