How can I start a dog breeding program?

Well for one thing, YOU can't register your dogs, the breeder of those dogs must register them with the AKC.Why breed more PBs, there is an abundance of them being euthanized daily in shelters.

Well for one thing, YOU can't register your dogs, the breeder of those dogs must register them with the AKC.Why breed more PBs, there is an abundance of them being euthanized daily in shelters....
    General Dog Discussions : How can I start a dog breeding program?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How can I start a dog breeding program?

How can I start a dog breeding program? General Dog Discussions
      Well for one thing, YOU can't register your dogs, the breeder of those dogs must register them with the AKC.Why breed more PBs, there is an abundance of them being euthanized daily in shelters.

How can I start a dog breeding program? General Dog Discussions
    • Don't.Find a legitimate GSD breeder (AKC registered) and work under them. He will be your breed mentor. You won't breed any of your own dogs until your breed mentor feels you are ready and know everything there is to know about the breed.Don't breed pit bulls. They are the second most common dog killed in shelters. there is no demand for them.

• I want to start a dog breeding program but I dont know where to start?I want to breed purebred pitbulls and purebred german shepherds with papers.* How do I go about starting off with purebred pitbulls and purebred german shepherds with papers to start my breeding program?* How can I register my pitbulls and german shepherds with authentic registry papers?Any good purebred dog breeders with experience and good advice?Thanks

• start by studying under the guidance of a breeding mentor for a few yearsresearch pedigrees, breed standards, health issues, genetics, reproduction, whelping, puppy raising, canine husbandry, etcThen you will need to research and find a REPUTABLE breeder to buy your first dog from. Start by googling to breed club, there will be a list of breeders on the site.. your mentor can help guide you too, and you may meet a few in the show ring/field trials while assisting your mentor. A dog from a reputable breeder will have papers.. you cannot just "put papers" on a dog.then you will have to work on putting titles on your dog. When the dog is 24 months of age, proper genetic health tests.