does anyone have an alaskan klee kai?

i am getting one in a few months but i really wanted to hear some opinions of them from klee kai owners...anyone? i hear they shed alot, i just wonder if its really as much as they say...just wanted to hear some opinions about the klee kai breed.

i am getting one in a few months but i really wanted to hear some opinions of them from klee kai owners...anyone? i hear they shed alot, i just wonder if its really as much as they say...just wanted to hear some opinions about the klee kai breed....
    Dog Breed Discussions : does anyone have an alaskan klee kai?...

• does anyone have an alaskan klee kai?

does anyone have an alaskan klee kai? Dog Breed Discussions
      i am getting one in a few months but i really wanted to hear some opinions of them from klee kai owners...anyone? i hear they shed alot, i just wonder if its really as much as they say...just wanted to hear some opinions about the klee kai breed.

does anyone have an alaskan klee kai? Dog Breed Discussions
    • They shed alot twice a year. And I mean alot. You will think the dog should be naked but yet there it is still covered in fur. Most shed spring and fall but lately the routine is off and I am seeing mid winter blows. By the way that is what it is called. They blow their coats.An easy way to help it move along faster is let them get a good start on blowing and then give him or her a good warm bath and brushing and most of it will come out at once. Then the rest of the blow doesn't seem so bad.They also, like any mammal, yourself included, shed throughtout the year but alot more subtly. And if you only have one you won't notice it so much. But with 6 I really notice it. A good vacuum is the answer.But I tell you, once your dog is mature there is nothing so soft and cuddly as an AKK. And there is nothing so great as a Klee Kai who has chosen you as its person to snuggle with.Have fun with yours when you get it!