How to make a dog agressive to strangers?

All the crap you've ever heard about beatings or feeding the dog gunpowder to make him mean are bogus,abusive crap. To make a dog more confident, expose him to lots of new people and situations. Then he'll be able to tell a threat from a situation that…

All the crap you've ever heard about beatings or feeding the dog gunpowder to make him mean are bogus,abusive crap. To make a dog more confident, expose him to lots of new people and situations. Then he'll be able to tell a threat from a situation that…...
    General Dog Discussions : How to make a dog agressive to strangers?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to make a dog agressive to strangers?

How to make a dog agressive to strangers? General Dog Discussions
      All the crap you've ever heard about beatings or feeding the dog gunpowder to make him mean are bogus,abusive crap. To make a dog more confident, expose him to lots of new people and situations. Then he'll be able to tell a threat from a situation that is not serious. Some breeds are naturally tougher, while others will never be aggressive no matter what you do. If you teach your dog to bite, you will have a liability problem - you and your family can be sued or even go to jail if your dog injures someone. Your homeowner's insurance policy may refuse to cover you if you have a dangerous dog. Most dogs never get to bite someone breaking into your house or attacking you - they bite your friends or visitors. How would you feel if your dog mauled someone's child? If you really need protection that bad, get a gun. at least it doesn't have a mind of its own.

How to make a dog agressive to strangers? General Dog Discussions
    • Not a good idea. Dogs can't tell the difference between any stranger-good or bad. Besides aggressive dogs can turn on anyone at anytime. Maybe you should go to a dog training class.

• train him the command "speak" as to tell him to bark n that u cn do wen he is all set for training in sit position do sumthing which wud annoy him like a weird voice or anything n then wen he barks say speak n after few sessions he ll learn the command n wenever u ll say speak he ll bark at anyone u want to.i wud like to tell u that friendly dogs r much better than the aggressive ones n mostly the aggr. ones r agg. due to sum illtreatment or his bad past.its gr8 to hv friendly dogs .gud luck

• I think the word 'protective' in place of 'aggressive' would be better suited to what you are asking.Also there is the legal issue, as a rule you only what him/her 'to tear up' a person who has threaten physical harm to you. As for the run of the mill prowler, you just want to scare him off.Most prowlers don't like any kind of barking dog, so anything that barks will do the job.If you live in an area where you feel you need some protection, a well trained Lab is a good choice. They are smart, large and not an aggressive breed.Other good breeds are German Shepherd, Ridgebacks and Rotts.However, understand that YOU are responsible for your dog. Not giving it proper training, and working it could get you sued.A dog should NEVER be beaten by any one at any time. K9 (police dogs) are NOT trained that way.I have two large protective boys, both have received obedience training. I have no doubt either one would give their life to protect me. I also don't take them out in public without their pinch collars... just in case they ever miss read a situation.

• get a retainer for a good lawyer ready.and what are you going to do about children that might run over to try to pet the dog? or walking it in a park? and many dog boarding places won't take aggressive dogs. and they are a pain in the butt in a vet's office.most dogs will bark at people coming up to the house anyway, and you said you don't want a mean dog...problem is it is hard for the dog to make that distinction....so my suggestion is to let the dog be a dog and love it...there are plenty of ways to scare off prowlers or tear them up yourself (learn a martial art or buy a baseball bat or something) and don't take the chance on having to put the dog to sleep(for doing something you taught it!) being sued, and someone getting hurt - more kids and "regular" people get hurt by aggressive trained dogs than prowlers do.