Are there pure bred Alaskan Malamutes that have a golden coat?

Are there pure bred Alaskan Malamutes that have a golden coat?Where can i see the facts about this?

Are there pure bred Alaskan Malamutes that have a golden coat?Where can i see the facts about this?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Are there pure bred Alaskan Malamutes that have a golden coat?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Are there pure bred Alaskan Malamutes that have a golden coat?

Are there pure bred Alaskan Malamutes that have a golden coat? Dog Breed Discussions
      Are there pure bred Alaskan Malamutes that have a golden coat?Where can i see the facts about this?

Are there pure bred Alaskan Malamutes that have a golden coat? Dog Breed Discussions
    • There are several mixes that produce a golden coat, but no naturally occurring golden coat. The AKC defines the coat in the standard to, "ranges in color from light gray to black or from sable to red. Face markings, including a cap on the head and a bar/mask on the face are often distinguishing features."Golden is outside of the range of acceptable colors for a pure bred Malamute.

• The breed standard states that these dogs come in light gray, black, sable(sable can range from darker with lots of black with the brown or lighter with very little black tipping), and shadings of sable to red.I'm sure there has been purebred Malamute's who have been Golden in color, but these dogs would be rare, as they are not breed standard and should not be bred.