How do I make dog food taste better?

I would suggest trying out Orijen, Evo or Acana dog food. These are the highest rated dog foods and all of the dogs I know just eat it right it up. I have Acana Pacifica right now, and it smells like canned fish (not extremely strong though) and my dog…

I would suggest trying out Orijen, Evo or Acana dog food. These are the highest rated dog foods and all of the dogs I know just eat it right it up. I have Acana Pacifica right now, and it smells like canned fish (not extremely strong though) and my dog…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do I make dog food taste better?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do I make dog food taste better?

How do I make dog food taste better? General Dog Discussions
      I would suggest trying out Orijen, Evo or Acana dog food. These are the highest rated dog foods and all of the dogs I know just eat it right it up. I have Acana Pacifica right now, and it smells like canned fish (not extremely strong though) and my dog loves it! However, if you are looking to make the dog food you have taste better, try cooking lean meat and pouring the leftover juices onto the food.

How do I make dog food taste better? General Dog Discussions
    • You can use plain yogurt and mix it in or bananas, a little peanut butter, apples, nothing with salt or added sugar.If she is used to the gravy, you can also cook a few chicken legs in water again with out any salt or seasonings and when it is cool, you can use the water from the cooked chicken and make it into gravy and you will have a lot.You can also use mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes and mix it in. But that is what is good for them and you can try all the above, just remember no salt or seasonings as dogs will drink from all the salt and you want to be careful.No cheese, or cream cheese, raisins, grapes or onions as these are toxicNo icecream as that has milk and sugar in.Good luck.

• You don't need to spend money on dog gravy, simply make your own. Store your meat bones in the freezer until you have quite a few, put them in a large pot with some water, add carrots, NO ONIONS,potatoes, and any other left over veggies. Bring the water to a boil and simmer for 2 hours.The last 15 minutes, add some parsley and rosemary sprigs.Store in the refrigerator and put over the dogs food at mealtime. they will love it and you have spent nothing.

• Pet-Friendly foods you can add to the meal:Lean meats Any cooked lean meat should be fine for most dogs. High-fat meats, chicken skin and fat from steaks or roasts are not recommended. Ingestion may lead to gastrointestinal upset or even pancreatitis. This can be a very painful condition for dogs. In addition, most companion animals do not need extra fat in their diets. Never give your pet meat with the bone in it. Animals can choke on the bones, and they can splinter as well.VegetablesCarrot sticks, green beans, cucumber slices and zucchini slices are all OK. Fruit Apple slices, orange slices, bananas and watermelon are all OK. Make sure the seeds have been taken out; seeds are not good for your pet!Baked potatoes Plain baked potatoes are fine, but make sure they are cooked - no unripe potatoes or potato plants.Bread Plain cooked bread is fine; just make sure there are no nuts or raisins added.Rice and pasta Plain, cooked pasta and white rice are OK. Often veterinarians recommend plain rice with some boiled chicken when gastrointestinal upset is present.Dogs LOVE these foods. It also adds a greater balance! Good luck! :)

• if you are feeding kibble, buy some of the canned version ... my dog eats kibble but i mix in some canned food just to make it more appetizing for her ... if i have run out of wet food, she sits by the bowl waiting for it until i tell her to go ahead and eat which tells me she likes the addition of the wet food to the kibble :O)

• garlic works wonders! and also if you cook or microwave their wet dog food, makes it smells more appetizing. i would say to warm up the wet dog food, then you gotta cook one clove of garlic, put a lil oil on a pan, then simply start cookin the clove til it changes color a bit. shouldn't be on the stove for very long. garlic just smells so amazing for dogs, and they chow it down. mix all the fix, wet/dry with the garlic clove and hopefully that works for your dog. good luck :)

• put little bits of chicken on it, but not turkey, that is very bad for dogs. But, I would not put chicken on it every day. The dog food you are feeding your dog is a balanced diet. So you really don't need to put anything on it. But, if you want to buy some canned wet food af the same brand (so its still a balanced diet) and scoop some on the food each night. But don't give too much or it could make his stools mushy.