What dog can I get that is lazy, calm, not-so-energentic, toy dog?

An Italian greyhound is a toy dog, from 13 to 15 inches at the shoulder, though they may be as small as 11 inches or as large as 18 inches. They can weigh as little as five pounds or as much as 15 to 16 pounds. Because of their short, odorless coat and…

An Italian greyhound is a toy dog, from 13 to 15 inches at the shoulder, though they may be as small as 11 inches or as large as 18 inches. They can weigh as little as five pounds or as much as 15 to 16 pounds. Because of their short, odorless coat and…...
    General Dog Discussions : What dog can I get that is lazy, calm, not-so-energentic, toy dog?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What dog can I get that is lazy, calm, not-so-energentic, toy dog?

What dog can I get that is lazy, calm, not-so-energentic, toy dog? General Dog Discussions
      An Italian greyhound is a toy dog, from 13 to 15 inches at the shoulder, though they may be as small as 11 inches or as large as 18 inches. They can weigh as little as five pounds or as much as 15 to 16 pounds. Because of their short, odorless coat and low body fat ratio, they need to be kept warm in cool weather. Because of their short hair, they do like to stay warm by laying in the sun, sleeping in your bed UNDER the covers, and wearing coats or sweaters when the temperature dips. Because of their fine structure, Italian Greyhounds do not make a good pet for young children.Italian Greyhounds are NOT outdoor dogs. They can not tolerate cold weather and would prefer to be with their owner even on the warmest days. They also do not like getting wet and many owners have built sheltered areas to protect their dogs from the elements on cold or wet days when going outside for potty. As creatures of comfort, Italian Greyhounds do not like to get their feet on wet grass and will often utilize the sidewalk instead.Italian Greyhounds love other dogs, and usually cats too. However, care must be taken when introducing the dog to a larger breed.The activity level of an Italian Greyhound varies, but most are pretty active until about two years old. At this age they have only two speeds - either high or low.Italian Greyhounds are very people oriented and enjoy your company more than anything else. They are not an independent dog, and will often follow you everywhere. They crave attention and will not do well left alone or ignored for many hours a day. Their greatest joy is to be with you. Once you adopt an Italian Greyhound, you will never be alone again. If you like your privacy, this may not be the breed for you. Click here for some adoptable dogs!http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?animal_type=&pet_breed=Italian+Greyhound&location=Miami%2C+FL&distance=0Also try the pug! Pugs have been called the clowns of the dog world and were bred for one purpose, to be companion animals to humans. A Pug loves a good meal, a soft lap, and a soft pillow. They adore their owners and will often follow them from room to room. While they play with other Pugs, their true allegiance is to their human companions. They snort, snore, sneeze, and make lovely Pug sounds so you always know they are near. Pugs are NOT outdoor animals and should never be left outdoors unattended. Because of its "pushed in" face, the Pug has a shorter breathing passage and is highly susceptible to extremes in temperature, especially heat, so you must be very careful not to over exert the Pug in times of warm or hot weather. While Pugs are generally good with children, small children may not be good for a Pug. Because of their large, protruding eyes, Pugs are extra susceptible to injury and must be treated gently and lovingly. http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?N=45&Nf=coords%7CGCGT+25.8311%2C-80.278+-1&Ns=coords%2825.8311%2C-80.278%29%7C%7Cshelter_name%7C%7Canimal_type%7C%7Cpet_breed_1%7C%7Cpet_breed_2%7C%7Cidentifier&Ntk=pet_breed%7Crecord_type%7Cstatus&Ntt=Pug%7Cpet%7CA&animal_type&distance=0&lat=25.8311&location=Miami%2C+FL&lon=-80.278Also try an English Toy Spanielhttp://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?animal_type=&pet_breed=Toy+spaniel&location=Miami%2C+FL&distance=0or a Poodlehttp://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?animal_type=&pet_breed=poodle&location=Miami%2C+FL&distance=0Just give the dog entertainment when your gone!

What dog can I get that is lazy, calm, not-so-energentic, toy dog? General Dog Discussions
    • I take it by "toy breeds" you mean small dogs? Toy breeds tend to be active/hyper, demanding and yappy. I have nothing against these breeds and i know many lovely toy dogs but they can be harder to train than medium/large breeds. Obvisously this can be corrected with good training and individuals may have a calm demenor but as for picking a breed for this tempermant is difficult.

• It's not really the breed as much as the dog's attitude. Like people, some act different like calm and lazy but some are control freaks and always on the go. All dogs are different, you just gota find one that works =] please don't judge by the breed and yes a shelter would be a perfect place to look because most of them will let you adopt the dog and give you a week or two with the dog to see if it's right for you or not.

• Poodle: (all sizes): There are three different sizes of Poodles and I believe all of them can make excellent apartment companions. The Standard and Miniature Poodles are members of the Non-Sporting group, while the Toy Poodle is a member of the Toy group. All sizes of Poodles are highly intelligent and are easily trained. They enjoy mental stimulation and excel in activities such as agility and obedience. The Toy Poodle requires the least amount of exercise of the 3 sizes, only requiring short outdoor time and then indoor play. The Miniature and Standard Poodles would require at least an hour of daily walking as well as indoor stimulation. Poodles also generally love the water! The Poodle sheds very little to not at all, but there is a great deal of grooming involved in the care of the coat. Elaborate show cuts must be maintained on a daily basis. “Puppy Cuts” are much simpler and easier for the pet owner to keep up with. Be prepared to make friends with your groomer if you decide the Poodle is the breed for you!

• I agree with a previous person who said to go to a shelter. You can't tell a personality just based on a breed. Sure, there are characteristics, but no dogs are exactly the same. I would go to the shelter and spend time with dogs to find one that would fit your lifestyle. Don't get a puppy as they are energetic and it is harder for an adult dog to find a home anyway!

• clumber spaniels and basset hounds =D they are not a toy breed but both breeds tend to be relaxed and lazy however you still have to take them out for a walk but then again... every dog does.

• There is the Cavelier King Charles Spaniel, for one. My grandparents have one that is immensley lazy. If you go on this website:http://animal.discovery.com/breedselector/dogselector.doYou can find a dog breed perfect for you after a short 10 question test. It specifies size, energy level, grooming level, and much more to your liking. I hope you find the right dog.

• my dog is a silky terrier. she is about 12-15 pounds. i also live in an apartment and she only growls every once in a while. right now she is laying on me sleeping so i guess she is pretty calm. she gets a tad hyper if someone new comes in to the apartment.

• toy dogs are small dogs a small dog are usually hyper if you wanted a calm quite dog like you say i would say get a golden retiver a female there not a bigger there pretty calm and not very energtic look them up good family dog to

• Affenpinscherhttp://www.dogbreedinfo.com/affenpinscher.htmAustralian Terrierhttp://www.dogbreedinfo.com/australianterrier.htmBichon Frisehttp://www.dogbreedinfo.com/bichonfrise.htm

• I am planning to get a dog, but living in a 3 bedroom apartment I went a dog that is queit(no constant annoying barking), lazy, nice and calm. I would also like a toy dog ,too because I don't want a dog that when stands up isn't my height. Oh, and a dog that can be friendly with my cat.So is there a queit, lazy toy dog out there?