So compared to other spitz breeds, how tough is it to own a Samoyed (experience welcomed)?

I have an <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/10-alaskan-malamute/?s=e6e1527817829979fbf4cd35e25f85cffdc9a6db">Alaskan Malamute</a> (three years old) and a White German Shepherd (10 years old). Soon my White GSD will probably pass away so chances are I will get another dog. Siberian Huskies are top on my list but I heard that the Samoyed is a little easier…

So compared to other spitz breeds, how tough is it to own a Samoyed (experience welcomed)?

I have an <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/10-alaskan-malamute/?s=e6e1527817829979fbf4cd35e25f85cffdc9a6db">Alaskan Malamute</a> (three years old) and a White German Shepherd (10 years old). Soon my White GSD will probably pass away so chances are I will get another dog. Siberian Huskies are top on my list but I heard that the Samoyed is a little easier…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : So compared to other spitz breeds, how tough is it to own a Samoyed (experience welcomed)?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• So compared to other spitz breeds, how tough is it to own a Samoyed (experience welcomed)?

So compared to other spitz breeds, how tough is it to own a Samoyed (experience welcomed)? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have an Alaskan Malamute (three years old) and a White German Shepherd (10 years old). Soon my White GSD will probably pass away so chances are I will get another dog. Siberian Huskies are top on my list but I heard that the Samoyed is a little easier to own an take care of.Anyways, your opinion?

So compared to other spitz breeds, how tough is it to own a Samoyed (experience welcomed)? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Alaskan Malamutes are pretty tough to handle, so if you have a 3 y/o Mally, a Sibe or a Sammy probably wouldn't ruffle your feathers much either way. From my experience with Samoyed at work, though, they tend to bark much more than other spitz/northern draft breeds and seem to display a lot of herding behavior rather than the typical "aloof" behavior of their cousins.