Would a second shot kill a 6 month old american bulldog?

I have a six month old american <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/?s=d1469c92ee9a292f6b524a8627c16f135381578d">bulldog</a> and when I got him I forgot to ask the breeder if he had already took the dog to get shots. I'm worried because I'm taking him to get his shots next month and I don't know if he had one before so could it be Life…

I have a six month old american <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/?s=d1469c92ee9a292f6b524a8627c16f135381578d">bulldog</a> and when I got him I forgot to ask the breeder if he had already took the dog to get shots. I'm worried because I'm taking him to get his shots next month and I don't know if he had one before so could it be Life…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Would a second shot kill a 6 month old american bulldog?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Would a second shot kill a 6 month old american bulldog?

Would a second shot kill a 6 month old american bulldog? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have a six month old american bulldog and when I got him I forgot to ask the breeder if he had already took the dog to get shots. I'm worried because I'm taking him to get his shots next month and I don't know if he had one before so could it be Life frightening to him if he has already had one. Someone please answer!

Would a second shot kill a 6 month old american bulldog? Dog Breed Discussions
    • can you phone the breeder and ask him? If not instead of having both jabs again your pup could just have a booster, which would keep your pup safe from diseases and not do him any harm. Hope this helps?

• 1. Every good breeder vaccinates. Every good breeder also sends the dog's medical records home with its new family. You've obviously purchased from a poor-quality breeder, so I would invest in a full medical workup when you see your vet.2. Life frightening? Do you mean life *threatening*? If so, no. Even if your dog has been vaccinated and they do it again, it wont hurt the dog unless its already allergic to the vaccine. This happens in shelters all the time when a dog is dropped off with no medical records. They are vaccinated again, just to be safe.

• I agree with Gina, you should have been informed of his medical history and your puppy should already have been vaccinated. A full medical check up will show any other problems the puppy might have or accrued from having far from desirable care from this irresponsible breeder. Be prepared though if the animal has a lot of health issues for fork over a ton of cash for care.

• heyy ive got a american bulldog 2, beautifull doggies!!Do you still have there number? call em up maybe?but if you dont he should be fine because pups normally have one at 6wks old, 8wks, and 12 weeks and then yearly after the last shot. so i reckon he should be fine.