Should I introduce my dog to the rescue dog before he goes to the vet?

Panache is correct. Vaccinations are great, but mange is only curable, not preventable.Good Job on fostering!Jim

Panache is correct. Vaccinations are great, but mange is only curable, not preventable.Good Job on fostering!Jim...
    General Dog Discussions : Should I introduce my dog to the rescue dog before he goes to the vet?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Should I introduce my dog to the rescue dog before he goes to the vet?

Should I introduce my dog to the rescue dog before he goes to the vet? General Dog Discussions
      Panache is correct. Vaccinations are great, but mange is only curable, not preventable.Good Job on fostering!Jim

Should I introduce my dog to the rescue dog before he goes to the vet? General Dog Discussions
    • If your dog has been properly vaccinated for everything, including kennel cough, then limited introductions should be okay. Just no nose-to-nose introductions. Also, keep the rescue dog's potty area away from the regular dog's potty area. Just in case the rescue has worms/parasites that can be transmitted through feces. And make sure you dose the foster dog with Advantage or Frontline before introducing to your dog just in case there are any fleas that can go from one dog to the other.

• Getting a rescue dog tomorrow that has been extremely negected. And was wondering if I should introduce him to my other dog tomorrow or wait until the new dog sees a vet. Are there diseases or parasites that a dog can transfer to another? Don't want my old dog to get sick from the rescue dog, if that is possible. Thanks.

• Is your current dog up to date with vaccinations (it should be)?I'm assuming you are getting your rescue dog from a centre. They should have made sure he is fit enough to go to a new home and is vaccinated, so you ought to be OK.