what is the most intelligent/trainable breed of dog?

i wanna know what the most intelligent or trainable breed of dog is... But not just any dogs, i'm not interested in those little poodles and what not... I know that german shepherds are very good, but what about an irish wolfhound? - how trainable are…

what is the most intelligent/trainable breed of dog?

i wanna know what the most intelligent or trainable breed of dog is... But not just any dogs, i'm not interested in those little poodles and what not... I know that german shepherds are very good, but what about an irish wolfhound? - how trainable are…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : what is the most intelligent/trainable breed of dog?...

• The tricky thing with dogs being very smart is that they also need more attention--they get bored quite easily. I had a very smart Poodle mixed with a Scottish Terrier and he was quite the trouble-maker when he was a puppy. He was very easily trained to do tons of things, but he often got bored when left alone too long. He caught frisbees in mid-air, climbed ladders, bounced balloons off of his nose, and caught a ball and retrieved it faster than you would believe. He also was able to scale a board that was at least triple his height and completely destroyed our couch set!There are many dogs that are very smart and trainable... the key is finding which one is right for your needs and how much time you're willing to put into the dog.

• Intelligence does not always equal trainability. Sometimes intelligent dogs can be more of a challenge to train. As for intelligence, Border Collies are number 1. GSDs are number 3 I think. As for trainable. Labs are infamous for being trainable. Any breed that is willing and eager to please is generally trainable. I don't know wolfhounds. Sorry

• Here is a list of the smartest dogs! And so you don't look around trying to find the Irish Wolfhound, they are 41. But my nieghbor has one, and she says that he was very easy to train! This is random, but it was called Little Giant.1. Border Collie 2. Poodle 3. German Shepherd 4. Golden Retriever 5. Doberman Pinscher 6. Shetland Sheepdog 7. Labrador Retriever 8. Papillon 9. Rottweiler 10. Australian Cattle Dog Welsh Corgi (Pembroke)The Rest11. Miniature Schnauzer 12. English Springer Spaniel 13. Belgian Tervueren 14. Schipperke 15. Belgian Sheepdog 16. Collie Keeshond 17. German Shorthaired Pointer 18. Flat-Coated Retriever English Cocker Spaniel Standard Schnauzer 19. Brittany 20. Cocker Spaniel 21. Weimaraner 22. Belgian Malinois Bernese Mountain Dog 23. Pomeranian 24. Irish Water Spaniel 25. Vizsla 26. Cardigan Welsh Corgi 27. Chesapeake Bay Retriever Puli Yorkshire Terrier 28. Giant Schnauzer 29. Airedale Terrier Bouvier des Flandres 30. Border Terrier Briard 31. Welsh Springer Spaniel 32. Manchester Terrier 33. Samoyed 34. Field Spaniel Newfoundland (dog) Australian Terrier American Staffordshire Terrier Gordon Setter Bearded Collie 35. Cairn Terrier Kerry Blue Terrier Irish Setter 36. Norwegian Elkhound 37. Affenpinscher Silky Terrier Miniature Pinscher English Setter Pharaoh Hound Clumber Spaniel 38. Norwich Terrier 39. Dalmatian 40. Soft-Coated Wheaten Terrier Bedlington Terrier Fox Terrier (Smooth) 41. Curly Coated Retriever Irish Wolfhound 42. Kuvasz Australian Shepherd 43. Saluki Finnish Spitz Pointer 44. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel German Wirehaired Pointer Black and Tan Coonhound American Water Spaniel 45. Siberian Husky Bichon Frise English Toy Spaniel 46. Tibetan Spaniel English Foxhound Otterhound American Foxhound Greyhound Wirehaired Pointing Griffon 47. West Highland White Terrier Scottish Deerhound 48. Boxer Great Dane 49. Dachshund Staffordshire Bull Terrier 50. Alaskan Malamute 51. Whippet Chinese Shar Pei Fox Terrier (Wire) 52. Rhodesian Ridgeback 53. Ibizan Hound Welsh Terrier Irish Terrier 54. Boston Terrier Akita Inu55. Skye Terrier 56. Norfolk Terrier Sealyham Terrier 57. Pug 58. French Bulldog 59. Brussels Griffon Maltese 60. Italian Greyhound 61. Chinese Crested Dog 62. Dandie Dinmont Terrier Petit Basset Griffon Vendeen Tibetan Terrier Japanese Chin Lakeland Terrier 63. Old English Sheepdog 64. Great Pyrenees 65. Scottish Terrier Saint Bernard 66. Bull Terrier 67. Chihuahua 68. Lhasa Apso 69. Bullmastiff70. Shih Tzu 71. Basset Hound 72. Mastiff Beagle 73. Pekingese 74. Bloodhound 75. Borzoi 76. Chow Chow 77. Bulldog 78. Basenji 79. Afghan Hound

• Field Spaniel, Lagotto Romagnolo, Tibetan Terrier, Brittany, English Cocker Spaniel, Chinese Crested, Saluki, German Wirehaired Pointer, Shiba Inu, Cirneco Dell Etna, Appenzeller Sennenhunde, Wire Fox Terrier, Portuguese Podengo, Boston Terrier, Italian Greyhound, Cairn Terrier, Wirehaired Pointing Griff, Czechoslovakian Wolfdog, Estrela Mountain Dog, Dalmatian, Sloughi, Pointer, Ibizan Hound, Kuvasz, Cesky Terrier, Bolognese, Akita, Dachshund, Coton de Tulear, Shetland Sheepdog, Skye Terrier, Spinone Italiano, Leonberger, Affenpinscher, Kai Ken, Scottish Terrier, Golden Retriever, and Cane Corso.

• American Eskimo DogAustralian Cattle DogAustralian ShepherdBearded CollieBelgian MalinoisBelgian SheepdogBelgian TervurenBorder CollieBull TerrierDoberman PinscherEnglish Cocker SpanielFlat-Coated RetrieverGerman Shepherd DogGoldadorGolden RetrieverHavaneseIrish Water SpanielLabrador RetrieverNorfolk TerrierPapillonPembroke Welsh CorgiPetit Basset Griffon VendeenPoodleShetland SheepdogSussex Spaniel