Does Anybody Know Of A Small, Smart, Dog??

ok. . . . my dad doesnt think i can take care of a dog. he said if i do get one that it has to be small and has to be "hardy" enough to live outside, or in the garage. And they have to be energetic to play with, with me and my bro. And i dont really like…

ok. . . . my dad doesnt think i can take care of a dog. he said if i do get one that it has to be small and has to be "hardy" enough to live outside, or in the garage. And they have to be energetic to play with, with me and my bro. And i dont really like…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Does Anybody Know Of A Small, Smart, Dog??...

• Does Anybody Know Of A Small, Smart, Dog??

Does Anybody Know Of A Small, Smart, Dog?? Dog Breed Discussions
      ok. . . . my dad doesnt think i can take care of a dog. he said if i do get one that it has to be small and has to be "hardy" enough to live outside, or in the garage. And they have to be energetic to play with, with me and my bro. And i dont really like chihuahuasok.... what i ment to say was it wok. . . i know.... it will not live in the garage but would be fun to play with outside. and does not shed. again IT WOULD NOT LIVE IN THE GARAGE.

Does Anybody Know Of A Small, Smart, Dog?? Dog Breed Discussions
    • That would be sad to live in the garage. Is it too hot/cold in there? If you get a small guy you will want him in the house with you. I would get a Jack Russell (super smart) or a Shitzu.

• first of all no dog should live outside all the time or in the garage, if you dad wants to keep the dog there reconsider getting a dog. do some research read books, to go dogbreedinfo.org. as far as small dogs. my mini schnauzer bella is such a smart dog is also the biggest clown i know. i hope this helps

• Get a Jack Russell Terrier. They are sturdy and super smart. Mine was housebroken in 3 days. They love games and are really fun dogs. They come in 3 coat types: smooth, broken and rough. I have a smooth one named Suzie and she looks a lot like Wishbone.

• It's cruel to get a dog and keep it outside. Dogs are pack animals and need to be with their families to feel secure and mentally healthy. If you can't keep a dog in the house, don't get one.

• well although i dont agree with any dog living outdoors.. beagles are small and easy to maintain.. they shead little, from the right breeder, and they are extremmly smart dogs. i also think that besingis are smart, but they can have nasty attitudes.. BUT my BEST choice it a mutt that is smaller.. you can adopt and save his/her life.. and if you get it at a young age then you can control how it behavies also if its outside shedding isnt a huge issue and as long as you take care of it mutts always have energy and are almost always the sweetest dogs around.. hope i helpeedd.

• Yes, several: Gili, Uli, Tigi, Neska, Suzie... Oh, you meant breeds.Despite their reputation, toy poodles are quite hardy. They often get treated daintily, like breakable china, but they really don't need to be. They do need to be bathed and trimmed regularly, of course, but not in a fancy cut. They have a lot of energy and love to play. Good early training can eliminate the yappiness, too.

• A dog should not be left outside or in a garage. They are not meant to be outside in hot or cold temps. A garage is not OK either. They could end up getting into a chemical and getting sick or dieing. If you work with a dog you can train it to be house broken. Please talk to your dad about that before getting one.

• try an australian sheepdog. it will make attempts to outsmart you, and will certainly be able to outlast you in terms of energy. but they're also nice dogs, not mean like some other smaller breeds can be.

• teacup/toy poodles - but they need to be INSIDE - it's cruel to leave a pet outside. you wouldn't want to be left outside in rain, cold, and heat; neither would a dog.

• do not get a yorkshire terrier. these are dogs that should not be kept outside. if you want a playful dog that can stay putsid e u need a lab. there not small but ur probably not going 2 find very many small dogs that can stay outside

• With your dads attitude of leaving the pet outside or in a garage. I would say SPARE the dogs life and don't get one. Pets are to be loved and taken care. Dogs are pack animals. If you put a single small dog in a yard or in a garage ALONE it will eventually become destructive. I have 5 dogs ranging from small to large. And they are NOT outside dogs. I personally feel that is wrong. And to put a small dog outside and leave it, JUST SUCKS!! I do not recommend you getting any type of dog, because within a couple of months or years after your puppy grew up and older, you would be bored and your dad would get mad. SO DO NOT get a dog unless you are going to love it and be able to provide for it like you would a kid brother or sister. And since you know nothing about pet dogs DO--A LOT OF RESEARCH.

• ~Tiny & Small breeds~*Affenpinscher Brussels Griffon Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Chihuahua Chinese Crested Dachshund English Toy Spaniel Japanese Chin Maltese Miniature Pinscher Papillon Pekingese Pomeranian Silky Terrier Tibetan Spaniel Toy Fox Terrier Yorkshire Terrier Rat TerrierAustralian Terrier Beagle Bichon Frise Border Terrier Cairn Terrier Cardigan Welsh Corgi Cocker Spaniel Dachshund Dandie Dinmont Terrier English Cocker Spaniel Havanese Italian Greyhound Lakeland Terrier Lhasa Apso Lowchen Manchester Terrier Miniature Bull Terrier Miniature Schnauzer Norfolk Terrier Norwich Terrier Pug Schipperke Scottish Terrier Sealyham Terrier Shetland Sheepdog Shih Tzu Skye Terrier West Highland White Terrier Wire Fox Terrier ~Medium & Large~Airedale Terrier American Eskimo American Staffordshire Terrier American Water Spaniel Australian Cattle Dog Australian Shepherd Basenji Basset Hound Bearded Collie Bedlington Terrier Belgian Malinois Belgian Sheepdog Belgian Tervuren Border Collie Boston Terrier Brittany Bulldog Bull Terrier Clumber Spaniel Dalmatian English Springer Spaniel Field Spaniel French Bulldog Glen of Imaal Terrier Harrier Irish Terrier Keeshond Kerry Blue Terrier Manchester Terrier Norwegian Elkhound Parson Russell Terrier Pharaoh Hound Pembroke Welsh Corgi Petit Basset Griffon Vendeen Plott Hound Poodle Portugese Water Dog Puli Samoyed Siberian Husky Smooth Fox Terrier Soft-Coated Wheaten Terrier Staffordshire Bull Terrier Standard Schnauzer Sussex Spaniel Tibetan Terrier Welsh Springer Spaniel Welsh Terrier Whippet Wirehaired Pointing Griffon Afghan Hound Akita Alaskan Malamute Bernese Mountain Dog Black and Tan Coonhound Bloodhound Borzoi Bouvier des Flandres Boxer Briard Bullmastiff Canaan Dog Chesapeake Bay Retriever Chinese Shar-pei Chow Chow Collie Curly-Coated Retriever Doberman Pinscher English Foxhound English Setter Finnish Spitz Flat-Coated Retriever German Pinscher German Shepherd German Shorthaired Pointer German Wirehaired Pointer Giant Schnauzer Golden Retriever Gordon Setter Great Dane Great Pyreness Great Swiss Mountain Dog Greyhound Ibizan Hound Irish Setter Irish Water Spaniel Irish Wolfhound Komondor Kuvasz Labrador Retriever Mastiff Neapolitan Mastiff Newfoundland Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever Old English Sheepdog Otter Hound Polish Lowland Sheepdog Pointer Rhodesian Ridgeback Rottweiler Saint Bernard Saluki Scottish Deerhound Shiba Inu Spinone Italiano Vizsla Weimaraner