what bread of dog can stay in the house and is child friendly.?

what bread of dog can stay in the house and is child friendly.?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : what bread of dog can stay in the house and is child friendly.?...

• maybe a medium sized dog like a spaniel or a beagle. i suggest you stay clear from small dogs because they don't do well with small children and big dogs are mostly outside dogs unless you have a big enough space for them. good luck

• It really doesn't matter what the breed is, as long as the dog was taught good manners. You could, yes I know people won't like this, but even a pit bull, bull mastiff, etc... can be a good dog. Dogs are taught their manners (good or bad), by the owner. I have had a doberman that was as great as can be, and a friend of mine had a chihuahua that was possessed or something. Just be careful, and do not leave the child alone with the dog until you feel it can handle all the obnoxious things children do to pets.Best of Luck!

• Any breed has potential to be an indoor dog. It depends on your preference, do you want a large size dog or a lap dog? Do you want a high energy dog or a calm relaxed dog.Do some research on a few specific breeds that you might be interested in and see what their temperaments are like, look for some common personality traits within that breed. i.e. I own a 7 month Rottweiler, who is the sweetest most loveable puppy. Her temperament is calm, she rarely barks and is hardly destructive. I live with a 9 month Jack Russell puppy and he is very loud and high energy, not really destructive, but makes alot of noise!Remember, it is only a generalization of the breed which may or may not apply to your future friend. Good Luck and hope this was helpful

• You'll want to avoid the livestock guardian breeds, as they are more suited for life outdoors with the flock. So, cross of great pyreneese and anatolian shepherds, kuvasz and the like. Some of these dogs make good pets, but they were never intended to be pets.You'll want to avoid extremely tiny breeds if you've got children, like the toy breeds (chihuahuas, pomeranians, maltese, yorkshire terriers, japanese chins, etc.). Or fragile breeds like italian greyhounds.You'll want to avoid the very "sharp" breeds if you've got children, so you don't want the belgian breeds (malinois, shepherd, tervuren), or giant schnauzers, or protection bred doberman pinchers, german shepherds, or beauceron (show-bred ones should be fine, they have milder temperments).Some breeds are more like cats than dogs, and aren't usually recommended for people with children, such as the lhasa apso, basenji, shiba inu, etc.I'm assuming since you asked this question that you're not very familiar with dogs, which means I'll recommend that you don't take on any of the more likely to be dominant breeds. This means you may want to steer clear of akita, rottweiler, alaskan malamute, American staffordshire terrier, Bouvier des flandres, briard, bull terrier, bull mastiff, english mastiff, chow chow, sharpei, dogue de bordeaux, tibetan mastiff, staffordshire bull terrier, rhodesian ridgeback, neopolitan mastiff, german shepherd, and most of the fiesty terrier breeds. People who aren't familiar with handling a dog, training a dog, and keeping a dog well behaved and under control shouldn't even attempt these breeds because they are more likely to try to rise to the position of alpha in the household, and really test your position as such. They're GREAT dogs, but not necessarily for a beginner. Some breeds are GREAT with kids and very friendly, but not recommended for houses with valuable items (they are clumbsy), like the bloodhound, saint bernard, labrador, or great dane. If your house isn't filled with valuables, you can still consider these breeds.Some breeds may be too sedentary for children (not active enough). These include the basset hound, pug, bulldog, pekingese, etc.Some breeds are known to be a nightmare to housetrain, like yorkshire terriers, and many of the other really small breeds. Some breeds are bred for a purpose and since many of them are still being bred for that purpose, they may not be suitible as just a pet, such as many of the coonhounds, some beagles, lots of the pointers and spaniels/setters, etc. If you do decide to get one of these breeds, make sure you're getting from show lines instead of field lines, because they are more likely to adapt to house living.So, I would say look into the bearded collie, whippet, shetland sheepdog, schipperke, standard poodle, keeshond, collie, english cocker spaniel, border terrier, brittany, greyhound, or boston terrier.

• I'd go with a spayed, female Lab, Retriever, or Spaniel. I raised my kids with a Cocker Spaniel and she was the best family dog ever! Small enough to not accidentally hurt the kids, but sturdy enough to play with them. Avoid very tiny or very large dogs. Tiny breeds can get hurt by rough handling, and very large breeds can accidentally hurt a small child. Unaltered pets of any breed will be more aggressive than altered ones, and males are usually more aggressive than females.Most important, avoid the breeds that are known to be dangerous or aggressive. Pit Bulls, Chow Chows, Rottweilers, and German Shepherds are some of the better known aggressive breeds. I had a friend whose Pit Bull bit one of my son's friends, and the kid was just standing there! The kid's mother nearly sued my friend! Some people swear these breeds make fabulous pets, but why take the chance when there are so many wonderful, family-safe pets out there?Visit any animal shelter and you'll find plenty of mixed breed and purebred dogs waiting for a forever home. I think they know that you've saved them, and will spend their lives trying to repay you. There truly is no better pet than a shelter pet.BTW, ALL dogs can and should spend at least a portion of the day indoors. It's wonderful if you have a fenced yard where she can go potty and get some exercise, but many dogs do well with just daily walking.If you've never owned a dog before, or even if you have, I urge you to get a book on dog and puppy care and read up on it. Such books are widely available at any book store, pet store, or your local library. It'll answer all your questions about caring for your new pet. Good luck!

• you should never leave a dog alone with a small child for any think as when you leave the room the child migth pull the dogs ears tail etc etc this is how most of our dogs are put to sleep or are in rescue centers as people leave the dog with the child then to come back and find the dog has bitten the child but what you dont relise is the child possible not all the time but migth have pull the dogs tail ears etc etc which would make the dog snap you should always keep your children save even if you no the dog as you dont no what your children do to the dog when you are out of the room if you are looking for a dog go to a proper dog breeding see mum and dad to see what they are like then you will get a rougth guide of what your puppy will turn out likehope this helps

• That depends on how much work you are willing to do...I see a few recommendations for labs, but some labs are avid chewers and require daily intense exercise. You would be wise to do research on any breed you consider getting, especially if you've never owned a dog before. I personally have owned all types (dachsund, collie, 2 shepard mixes, springer spaniel, rottweiler). I currently have a pit mix from a shelter and a 4.5 month old baby girl that adore each other and found proper training with consistency to be key.I recommend you visit the site below to help narrow down which breeds will be compatible with what you want and then do detailed research on each breed. There are enough pups in shelters because people didn't know enough about the breed, so please choose wisely. Best of luck!!

• Wheat and whole grain ar VERY child friendly dog breads. but the Lab and the collie are friendly BREEDS but they are NOT very good to eat. sorry couldn't resist!LOL