what kind of dog to get?

I don't know what kind of dog i should get beagle or jack russel terrierplease answer quickly I'm running out of time to pick!! if you don't answer quickly i might not get one at all!!

what kind of dog to get?

I don't know what kind of dog i should get beagle or jack russel terrierplease answer quickly I'm running out of time to pick!! if you don't answer quickly i might not get one at all!!...
    Dog Breed Discussions : what kind of dog to get?...

• the jack russel will be very very active but won't bark as much as the beagle will. I'd get a Beagle cause I like them better than the terrier

• Well you shouldn't pick a dog when you're in a hurry, but...GET A BEAGLE!-affectionate-don't bark indoors nearly at all which is contrary to belief-don't have doggy smell (but anal glands to smell often due to them being a smaller breed)-awesome ears-love being around youGET A BEAGLE! BEAGLE! BEAGLE!NEED EVEN MORE CONVINCING? CHECK OUT MY BEAGLE HERE ON YOUTUBE:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFVXydn9ZLo

• Brooke half them people don't no what they are talking about.....i have a jack and hes not jumpy or hyper he loves going out and runs in the park but he don't need loads of runs ! as long as you train him then he will do what you say ! people say jacks are ankle biters but they ain't !they say they jump there hyper but there not if you train them properly...jacks are quick learners to...i do love beagles though..girl # 95 you do talk some bollox !!!

• you should really research those two types of dogs, bc what if they do not fit your personality and life style. theyre both really cute, i prefer the beagle the jack russel terrier is too hyper and i heard they bark too much

• It depends. The Jack is a fighter and the Beagle is a hunter. JackPros: lots of personality, can be very obedient, kills rats and snakes, smart good watchdogCons- with that personality comes the tendency to be aggressive and willful. If you're not careful, you could end up with an anklebiter. They will also get after other pets if not trained not to do so.Beagle: usually mild tempered and a good watchdog Cons: Beagles aren't as intelligent as most dogs. In fact, they're not very intelligent at all. They're hard to train because of this. They like to roam after prey and are happier in packs than as an only dog. They can both be fine pets if you train and exercise them enough. To keep their frustration down, the Jack needs to have something to "kill" like a toy that can stand a lot of shaking and you can set up a tracking game for the beagle.

• A beagle would be my pick out of the two but they love to hunt so you have to give them plenty to do!JRT"s are very hyper dogs that love to jump and run.either dog would need alot of your time to train and do activities with.

• Jack Russels are a high maintenance dog and are very hyper and bark a lot.. The best kind of dog to get especially if you have children is a shih-tzu. They love children, people, are easy to train and make the best pet. They even play and keep you company. The only time a shih-tzu barks is when someone comes to the door, but then stop. Other than that they are a pretty quiet dog.

• Beagle:AKC Ranking: 3Family: scenthoundArea of Origin: EnglandDate of Origin: 1300sOriginal Function: trailing rabbitsToday's Function: trailing rabbits, field trials, contraband detection, beagle field trialsAvg Size of male: Height: 13-15 Weight: 18-30Avg Size of Female: Height: 13-15 Weight: 18-30Other Name: English beagleHistoryBy the 14th century, hare hunting had become a popular sport in England, and the dogs used were probably of beagle type. The origin of the name beagle may be from Old French words meaning "open throat" in reference to the breed's melodious bay, or from the Celtic, Old English or Old French words for "small." The word beagle was not used until 1475, however, but can then be found frequently in writings from the 16th century on. Hunters could follow these dogs on foot and could even carry one in a pocket if the need arose. By the 1800s, beagles existed in several sizes, but the smaller "pocket-size" dogs were particularly popular. These dogs measured only about 9 inches and often needed the hunter's assistance in crossing rough fields. One of the special appeals of the smaller beagles was that the hunt could be followed even by "ladies, the aged or the infirm," as they slowly followed the winding path of the hare. The first mention of the beagle in America was in 1642. Beagles were used in the South prior to the Civil War, but these dogs bore little resemblance to their English counterparts. After the war, English imports formed the basis of the modern American beagle. By the end of the 19th century, beagles were popular competitors in both field and conformation exhibitions. But the merry little scenthound did not stop there: It continued to become one of America's all-time favorite breeds, finding its special niche as a family pet. TemperamentOne of the most amiable hounds, the beagle was bred as a pack hunter and needs companionship, whether human or canine. It loves to explore the outdoors and is an enthusiastic trailer. Given adequate exercise, it is a calm, tractable house pet. It is an excellent child's dog, gentle, incredibly tolerant and always ready to join in a game or an adventure. It is an independent breed, however, and may run off if a trail beckons. It barks and howls. UpkeepThe beagle needs daily exercise, either a long walk on leash or a romp in a safe area. It can live outdoors in temperate climates as long as it is given warm shelter and bedding. It is a social dog, however, and needs the companionship of either other dogs or its human family; as such, it is usually happiest if it can divide its time between the house and yard. Health• Major concerns: intervertebral disc disease, CHD• Minor concerns: glaucoma, epilepsy• Occasionally seen: deafness, hemophilia A, cataracts• Suggested tests: hip, (eye)• Life span: 12 – 15 years Form and FunctionThe beagle should look like a miniature foxhound, solid for its size. The beagle's moderate size enables it to be followed on foot. It can also be carried to the hunt, and once there, can scurry around in thick underbrush. Its close hard coat protects it from underbrush. Its moderate build enables it to nimbly traverse rough terrain. The beagle's amiable personality allows it to get along with other dogs and to be a successful pack hunter. The beagle is noted for its melodious bay, which helps hunters locate it from a distance. Related DogsAmerican FoxhoundBasset HoundBlack and Tan CoonhoundBloodhoundDachshund (Standard)English Foxhound HarrierOtterhoundRhodesian RidgebackI would go with a beagle! Have fun