how does spaying a dog affect the dogs attitude ?

You will notice a change for a couple of days until she feels in good health again after surgery. Something that I have always found it to help is with hyperness, I think that it just calms them down some. Also prevents her from going into heat with…

You will notice a change for a couple of days until she feels in good health again after surgery. Something that I have always found it to help is with hyperness, I think that it just calms them down some. Also prevents her from going into heat with…...
    General Dog Discussions : how does spaying a dog affect the dogs attitude ?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• how does spaying a dog affect the dogs attitude ?

how does spaying a dog affect the dogs attitude ? General Dog Discussions
      You will notice a change for a couple of days until she feels in good health again after surgery. Something that I have always found it to help is with hyperness, I think that it just calms them down some. Also prevents her from going into heat with can be very frustrating I am sure to your dog and you as an owner.

how does spaying a dog affect the dogs attitude ? General Dog Discussions
    • There are some studies out now that indicate when spaying your female dog, it could lead to more aggressive tendicies. It may or may not change your dog's attitude.With that said, there are other considerations when thinking about altering your dog. I am going to provide a link that I would like you to read. It shows both sides of the coin in regards to altering and keeping your dog intact. If you are worried about the authenticity of the research, all you need to do is look up the references at the bottom.Just make sure if you decide to keep your dog intact that you take the proper precautions to guard against her getting near intact males when she comes into heat.Here is the link: http://www.naiaonline.org/pdfs/LongTermHealthEffectsOfSpayNeuterInDogs.pdfEdit: If I can find the link(s) to the study I mentioned regarding spayed females becoming more aggressive I will provide it later.

• It doesn't affect a dogs attitude at all. It does stop them getting pregnant and lowers the risk of cancer of the womb in later life. Your dog will be quieter than normal for a couple of days after the surgery but then should be back to normal.

• It makes them a lot more loveable. They are not riding the childrens legs or running away to get sex.They do not go through grouchy periods when they don't want to be touched.My dogs were a lot better pets after we have them fixed.It also keeps them from getting cancer in the postrate.

• Definitely won't change her personality. The only time it does is if they're aggressive or hyper, they may calm down a bit, which is usually a GOOD change. :)Getting her spayed is a good idea!

• It does not change their personality.If she has any aggression that will calm down a little. My female was slightly less "moody" after her spay.Mine did calm down a little.. she's still playful, but she's more focused on me, and doesnt act like she has ADD.Best part.. no more bloody heat cycles!

• No she will not. my moms two remaining female rotts where fixed and we never saw any sign or anything that they where any different then before they where fixed. Chatuzea was fixed at the age of 4 and Keona was fixed at 8 months

• Nope. She may act a bit somber for a week or so after she is spayed. But she will get back to her normal self in no time! It's just that she will act a bit adnormal at first. Thanks for spaying!!