Is it aggresive for dogs to bark at another dog or strange person?

its not aggressive to bark at other dogs and people but you should put a stop to the chasing thing

its not aggressive to bark at other dogs and people but you should put a stop to the chasing thing...
    General Dog Discussions : Is it aggresive for dogs to bark at another dog or strange person?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is it aggresive for dogs to bark at another dog or strange person?

Is it aggresive for dogs to bark at another dog or strange person? General Dog Discussions
      its not aggressive to bark at other dogs and people but you should put a stop to the chasing thing

Is it aggresive for dogs to bark at another dog or strange person? General Dog Discussions
    • Yes dogs bark as a communication tool but i think you should just keep a eye on whether the other dog is seeing it as play. My own issues with other dog owners, especially when they're off leash is that the owner says, "oh they just want to play" but they don't know the temperament of my dog who may not be in the playing mood.

• i think it is natural dog to bark at new things...possibly, your dog is little shy or un socialized....but since she is not harming anyone or any dogs....I guess nothing to worry about it

• YEs. Some dogs who aren't taught to remain calm around strange dogs and animals view every single stranger and other animal as a chance to greet and play. When not allowed to act out on this, you can hear 'frustration barks.' It's not aggression, it's just that the dog is unhappy it's not being allowed to go greet people and dogs and interract with them on its own terms. It's a sign that there are obedience groundwork issues you need to work on, as the dog should learn that it doesn't decide what strangers it gets to meet.

• That's a bit like my dog. It's a good thing for dogs to bark at new people and dogs that come into your property, this is a guiding instinct. When they bark at other dogs in the street, you should try and break this habit. It is not such a problem, if your dog doesn't hurt them, but it is probably a good idea to socialize them. Hope this helped :)

• My dog, Luna, always barks at other dogs and new people. She chases them sometimes too. She doesnt bite or hurt other people or dogs when she gets to know them. Is this barking normal?

• Barking is not a sign of aggression. I have three dogs that run my property & at my front fence my dogs act very very aggressive & bark & carry on at people, other dogs, cats, cars.......they bark at everything & act really mean on their side of the fence.Remember dogs bark, they don't moo, nay or cackle, dogs bark.