What kind of dog hair clippers should I get?

Yes regular dog clippers will work - it depends on the quality of clippers & blades that you buy. You need the quality ones like Oster A-5 or Andis AG models which start at $100+. Then you need the right blade for the length you want & coolant. Of…

Yes regular dog clippers will work - it depends on the quality of clippers & blades that you buy. You need the quality ones like Oster A-5 or Andis AG models which start at $100+. Then you need the right blade for the length you want & coolant. Of…...
    General Dog Discussions : What kind of dog hair clippers should I get?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What kind of dog hair clippers should I get?

What kind of dog hair clippers should I get? General Dog Discussions
      Yes regular dog clippers will work - it depends on the quality of clippers & blades that you buy. You need the quality ones like Oster A-5 or Andis AG models which start at $100+. Then you need the right blade for the length you want & coolant. Of course the right comb & brushes & scissors to do proper grooming & clipping. I've been grooming for many years w/o any issue of clippers going thru any dog coat as long as they are maintained & oiled.Add: try online sites like petedge.com where groomers buy their equipment. Most places like walmart, Sams etc are not going to sell the pro equipment needed - it is cheap stuff for a quick sale & will not last & usually are human clippers re-packaged as pet clippers.

What kind of dog hair clippers should I get? General Dog Discussions
    • My dogs hair is VERY fine. Cottonball like. Regular dog clippers don't make the cut. (Pun intended) is there a specific clipper out there for cutting fine haired dogs?He's a schanuzer, poodle mix, just so you know the kind of hair I'm dealing with.Not to be rude, but if I had $100+ to drop on a set of clippers I'd just take him to the groomers.