A dog that would get along best with a Miniature American Eskimo?

My fiance and I are going to be moving out and looking for a friend for our current dog who is a Mini american eskimo. I recently posted a question about an eskie and a shiba inu but apparently their personalities will clash. can anyone tell me from…

My fiance and I are going to be moving out and looking for a friend for our current dog who is a Mini american eskimo. I recently posted a question about an eskie and a shiba inu but apparently their personalities will clash. can anyone tell me from…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : A dog that would get along best with a Miniature American Eskimo?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A dog that would get along best with a Miniature American Eskimo?

A dog that would get along best with a Miniature American Eskimo? Dog Breed Discussions
      My fiance and I are going to be moving out and looking for a friend for our current dog who is a Mini american eskimo. I recently posted a question about an eskie and a shiba inu but apparently their personalities will clash. can anyone tell me from experience what type of dog works best with eskies?

A dog that would get along best with a Miniature American Eskimo? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Labradors are notoriously good-natured dogs. I have owned multiple labradors and have never had an issue with the lab disliking other pets/strays/people.

• That all depends on the dog. Unless you have your dog very well trained I wouldn't get another one. Dogs do not need friends. The people around them are in their pack. If you insist on getting another dog, work with a local no kill shelter and let them know you want a companion dog. That way you can try different ones to get the right match.

• Why not another Spitz? (American Eskimo, Pomeranian, etc) I'd just go with the opposite sex of whatever you currently have, and spay and neuter of course.

• A poodle. Or an Alaskian Huskie(McNab). I promise you they are both smart breeds, one is an herder and the the other gets along great with all. Good Luck--You do realize it's a major choice in the beginning of the two of your's relationship. Take care

• An eskie of the opposite sex would work well. In general spayed female/neutered male combos work best. Labs and golden retrievers are notoriously dog-friendly and get along with just about everybody. For a small breed, Cavalier King Charles spaniels are also very dog friendly.

• Labs are about the best evenly tempered pets that I have ever had. I had a total of 31 pets by the age of 16 and several since that age. I also had a Samoyed with other Labs and they did fine together.Labs do well with other animals and children.The older and more dominant dog, however, will generally teach the newer dog how to behave -- including troublesome behaviour.Aside from personality clashes, I think it is a crime for anyone not have taken their pet to "obedience" training. An untrained pet is a nuisance and a menace. And in some cases, dangerous.A well-trained dog and the new dog will be a joy to have over the course of your lifetime.

• Another Miniature Eskimo,maybe[The same Gender]. American Eskimo Chihuahua (mini) Australian Shepard Border Collie These would be good companions for your Eskimo!

• American Eskimos are very snobby dogs. I have had 2 and both were around other dogs their whole life, but they just were unsociable and wouldn't play. Sometimes they tried to bite the others!!!! I consider none. Hope this helps...