What is the difference between a dog crate and a dog taxi?

A dog crate is generally for at-home use. It's a good idea to crate train your dog, as it assists in housetraining and provides personal space for your dog (a den, if you will).A dog taxi, while similar, is a cage used to transport a dog. They're…

A dog crate is generally for at-home use. It's a good idea to crate train your dog, as it assists in housetraining and provides personal space for your dog (a den, if you will).A dog taxi, while similar, is a cage used to transport a dog. They're…...
    General Dog Discussions : What is the difference between a dog crate and a dog taxi?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is the difference between a dog crate and a dog taxi?

What is the difference between a dog crate and a dog taxi? General Dog Discussions
      A dog crate is generally for at-home use. It's a good idea to crate train your dog, as it assists in housetraining and provides personal space for your dog (a den, if you will).A dog taxi, while similar, is a cage used to transport a dog. They're portable, and not usually as strong and sturdy as a crate.I would consider getting a wire dog crate made by a reputable company - Midwest, Remington, and Pet Gear, just to name a few. Check out PetSmart or other large pet stores, but you may be able to find one cheaper online (don't forget to calculate shipping, though, which may off-set any cost savings).

What is the difference between a dog crate and a dog taxi? General Dog Discussions
    • "taxi" is nothing more than what a specific brand chooses to call them. Another calls them a "Pet Porter", and yet another calls them a "Kennel-Cab". This is caused because these companies register these as trade names so that other companies can't use them.Regardless of what brand they are, or style, I call them a "crate", and all my dogs know them as "kennel"

• Dog taxis are more for travel. They are usually smaller and more enclosed than dog grates. I have a wire dog grate for my dogs. It's sturdy, has a lot of room for my dog, and he can see whats going on because no part is enclosed. I would get the crate if he will be in it for a long time.

• Crates are meant to be of a more permanent "residence" for the dog. It's usually set up in the house and hardly moved around and used to contain the dog when the owner requires it.A dog or pet taxi is designed more for travel. They are usually visually restricting as to combat stress in the dog or animal being transported.You are wanting a wire crate, not a pet taxi.