Should I get a pitbull or Chihuahua? Which is more friendly and overall better dog?

if u want to die soon get a Pitbull or if u want to be paris hilton get chihuahua

Should I get a pitbull or Chihuahua? Which is more friendly and overall better dog?

if u want to die soon get a Pitbull or if u want to be paris hilton get chihuahua...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Should I get a pitbull or Chihuahua? Which is more friendly and overall better dog?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Should I get a pitbull or Chihuahua? Which is more friendly and overall better dog?

Should I get a pitbull or Chihuahua? Which is more friendly and overall better dog? Dog Breed Discussions
      if u want to die soon get a Pitbull or if u want to be paris hilton get chihuahua

Should I get a pitbull or Chihuahua? Which is more friendly and overall better dog? Dog Breed Discussions
    • All breeds are friendly, IF treated, trained and socialized correctly. Although, as you can see in my facts below, the ATTS tests many dogs on their temperment and the pitbull passed with 86%.American Temperament Test Society's results when testing the temperment of breeds.ATTS is a national not-for-profit organization (registered in the state of Missouri) for the promotion of uniform temperament evaluation of purebred and spayed/neutered mixed-breed dogs.http://www.atts.org/index.htmlCHIHUAHUA 71.1%38 tested 27 passed 11 failed AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER 86.0% 772 tested 664 passed 108 failed

• Two totally different dogs with extremely different demands. Pittys are not for first time dog owners. These are challenging dogs and not for everyone. I have two but their temperament and some of their innate qualities make them very special dogs with special needs. They are wonderful, that goes without saying, but they are not the proper dog for everyone.Since it seems you are making the decision about a family dog, try to not go to such extremes. What is your life style? Where do you live? House? Apt? Do you have a large yard? Is it fenced in? How much time can you spend with the dog? Who is going to train the dog? Who will be responsible for socialization of the dog? Pittys are great but if not socialized, they will be animal agressive and that leads only to problems no one can handle and usually the end of life for the dog. They have to be socialized. My pitty and persian cat sleep side by side, my cat walks across my dog's face with no trouble, but she has been trained and socialized with dogs, horses, cats , birds, all of her life so she would never harm anything. But this is a learned behavior. Pittys are smart and loyal and loving, but proper training and socialization is a must to avoid a nightmare. I cannot stress this enough. Again, not for every family. And the entire family has to be involved and everyone doing the same thing to prevent confusion. It is a big deal.There are lots of questions to be answered before deciding on a dog. Do a lot of proper research. The dog should be well suited to you and your family and your lifestyle and space you have to live in.have you considered going to the shelters, rescues and pounds to look at dogs. They have everything. some are owner surrenders and are completely trained, you can get their history, meet them and play with them in an open area to see how they react to you. There are a lot of dogs that need homes now since a lot of humans have lost their homes. it would be wonderful to adopt a dog and you don't have to go through the puppy blues. Whatever you decide, just try to make your choice one that will allow everyone to be happy for the lifetime of the dog, the dog included. Good luck to you. I hope you find a great dog. They are wonderful to have around. I take mine everywhere when I can.ADD: I almost forgot. One thing about having a pitty is insurance. If you rent, you have to have the permission of your landlord. If your parents own their house, you have to check and see if the home owner's insurance will allow a pitty on the premises. Most insurances will not cover you if you have what they deem as a "high risk dog" like pitty, german shepherd, chow chow, rottie, dobie, etc. Just thought I would mention that.

• well it depends on you.i have a german sheperd and a chihuahua.my small dog is more convient i could take him places and he does less of a mess around the house and is easier to take a bath because its smaller.My big dog dont get me wrong i love him to death but he makes lots of messes and takes longer to bathe. Especially if its your first time pet owner i advise you to get a smaller dog because my smaller dog was my first dog. and in some county's pittbulls are illegal especially in dade i know of.but then again it depends on you.i love both my dogs :)

• depends on what type of dog your after as these are really the opposite. One is tiny and the other is big and muscly, and strong. If you have the time and patience to train a pit and make sure it is well mannered then get one. I have owned pits and i will never own any other dog as i think they are the best breed and the effort you put in with them you do get back ten fold :). They are very loyal and loving. Obviously there are a lot of critics that dont like them because of their reputation but im all for them :)

• Depends on what you like. Either of the breeds can be friendly or aggressive. It is all about how you train your dog. Any dog breed you get if you properly get it socialized and trained it will be friendly but if you do not it will become aggressive. So it all comes down to you. Pitbulls need more training and socialization.

• Pitbulls and Chihuahuas are very different dogs.It shouldn't be "which one should I get",It should be doing your own research to find which one is more suited to where you live, which would suit your family, which would cope better with your work/school/college situation (in other words, if they're going to have to left at home a few hours a day, which would be better for that) and one that would fit the type of dog you're looking for.If none of them fit your lifestyle, then you shouldn't get any and need to look into other breeds to find the dog that fits.Or going to a Rescue Centre and finding a grown dog that already fits with your lifestyle and has a lovely temperament.And don't be going to a bad breeder and thinking that the dog you buy from them will have the traits and temperament from the research you've done of the breed, cause it most likely wont.

• Get the mutated rat. Leave the Ptt for when you are older and know how to handle the pit bull breed. You have to raise it right or its going to become another statistic.

• Neither is superior and neither is more friendly than the other, it all comes down to good breeding and good training on your part.Look into the characteristics of each breed and write down the pros and cons of each.For exampleChihuahuas are cheaper to own. Vet bills are less as they require less medication/anesthetic etc. They require less food.Pitbulls are more expensive but would be great if you enjoy running or dog sports