How long on puppy food for a Rottweiler?

At least 12 months of age.

At least 12 months of age....
    Dog Breed Discussions : How long on puppy food for a Rottweiler?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How long on puppy food for a Rottweiler?

How long on puppy food for a Rottweiler? Dog Breed Discussions
      At least 12 months of age.

How long on puppy food for a Rottweiler? Dog Breed Discussions
    • A puppy should be on puppy chow until they are 6 months of age. After that you can change to adult food, but do it slowly or he will get the runs. Take 3/4 of the puppy food and 1/4 of the new food for a few day, and then go half and half for a few day, and then go 3/4 new food and 1/4 puppy food, for a few days, then go with all new food, and he wont get the runs.

• Do u feel u'r rott is underweight? If so, take him to the vet, could be worms. Hook worms are known for dogs losing weight. if u'r rott is not underweight, remember he's still growing. As he matures, he'll put on more weight. Also, u can start mixing puppy and adult food together at this point. Do that till he's a year and then go straight to adult food.Not a good idea to give him canned food. He could get the runs. NEVER give u'r dog raw meat. U'r dog is not wild he is domesticated. Raw meat is NOT a good idea. Try a different brand of food as well. I feed my dogs NUTRO NATURAL CHOICE and their weight is just fine for their sizes.Believe me, he'll put on weight, but make sure he doesn't become obese.The right food and regular visits to the vet and u'r rott will grow to become a beautiful adult dog.

• If he's pure or mixed with another large or extra large breed, he's actually a puppy until he's 2 years old. So you'll want to continue with puppy kibble for another 12 to 16 months.Purina is not a good, high quality kibble so you may want to consider switching his food to another brand, but staying on a puppy kibble.You could also consider offering a home-made raw meat mix to his kibble. This will give him an added boost of vitamins and such.And just like children do......a puppy's appetite will subside for a period of time during a "growth spurt". He may not be bored with the food so much as he is just not hungry because he's growing again.Good luck!

• i have a 5 month old male rottweiler, and he's been on normal dog food for a month now, the vet told us we needed to give it to him, theres no need for him to be on puppy food, and he enjoys the food we give him, so maybe talk to the vet.... anyway good luck with him, rottweillers are the best! (",)

• If you are feeding a good quality food/diet, it doesn't matter when you switch over.Purina's Beneful is not the best quality food.If you continue to feed Beneful then 1 year is the time to switch.

• they can stay on puppy food up to one year old they do need the extra protein in puppy food to grow however is she on heartgard etc to stay healthy and maintain her weight?and when u switch his food make sure u mix it 50/50 with the old or it could upset his stomach

• If you want him to gain weight you can put him on high energy and give him a calorie supplement like nutri cal every once in a while. Puppy food is high in fat which rot will need for a while. Usually with large breed dogs its good to keep them on puppy for about 15 months. They take longer to grow and need the nutrition more than smaller ones.

• well you can give him some diffrent dog chow and he dosent need puppy chow we have a female rottie who lives with a boxer(judge)and a pitbull(jasper) are rotties name is jewl

• You want to wait until he is a year old, after that you can slowly mix his food with the new food you choose. The puppy food he is on will help him gain weight and be healthy

• I have a male rottweiler, he's about 8 months old and I'm still feeding him Purina's Beneful for Puppies. He's beginning to get bored of the same food. But I heard that puppy food is for the nutrients and for the dogs to gain weight, I really wan my Rottie to gain more weight.