How long can a pitbull puppy and a chihuahua mix puppy stay in the same crate?

If they are around each other from an early age, they will get used to being together quickly. Since both of them are puppies it's not a problem for now. They have different behavioral personalities and there is a difference in size. They may get along…

If they are around each other from an early age, they will get used to being together quickly. Since both of them are puppies it's not a problem for now. They have different behavioral personalities and there is a difference in size. They may get along…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How long can a pitbull puppy and a chihuahua mix puppy stay in the same crate?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How long can a pitbull puppy and a chihuahua mix puppy stay in the same crate?

How long can a pitbull puppy and a chihuahua mix puppy stay in the same crate? Dog Breed Discussions
      If they are around each other from an early age, they will get used to being together quickly. Since both of them are puppies it's not a problem for now. They have different behavioral personalities and there is a difference in size. They may get along well because they are still puppies and if you train them they will get along. Problem will be in the future when they are bigger, that the pitbull can easily hurt the chihuahua because she is so small and fragile. Get another crate and put it close to the other crate. This way they will be close but will have their own space.

How long can a pitbull puppy and a chihuahua mix puppy stay in the same crate? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Never .They need there own space . They only just met , and you want to lock them up together over night ? Not clever at all.And how small do you think that Pit Bull is going to stay ? Give it a few weeks , and you wont even be able to fit the two in to a crate designed for a Chi .

• not for long. Pit's are born with dog aggression, so you need to either get another crate soon, or keep one of the dog's in the bathroom or closet or some small room like that to avoid fighting

• I would keep them together until they are the same size as long as they get along, otherwise the pitbull could really hurt the chihuahua. If one of both of them are potty trained you could put one in a bathroom until you find a crate. Check websites like craiglist and kijiji for crates they will be cheaper than a full priced crate. For example I got a x-large crate for $15! Good luck

• I don't think its a good idea at all for several reasons. One is the puppy can hurt the chihuahua with out knowing or realizing it. Another reason a crate is suppose to be something that is theirs. What happens if the chihuahua gets sick of your pitbull? Where is he going to go to get away and have his own space? What might end up happening he might end up not liking the pitty. Even keeping the grown one locked up in the bathroom or something would be a better idea.

• The chihuahua mix is very small and almost finished growing. The pitbull right now is only slightly smaller than her. How long can they share a crate together? I can't go buy a new crate right now as I wasn't even prepared to have a new pitbull puppy, I just found him and my money has to go towards vet appointments and food.

• Puppies/dogs should never share a crate. If you're crate training, its impossible with 2 dogs in one crate. But the main reason is the crate is supposed to be the dog's den or safe place - they aren't supposed to be forced to share.