How do I revive a newborn pitbull puppy that is bleeding from umbilical cord?

The pup should have already been checked out by the vet. Obviously this did not happen, so it should happen NOW. Dogs with underbites should not be allowed to chew their pup's umbilical cords for that very reason. The humans in control of the…

The pup should have already been checked out by the vet. Obviously this did not happen, so it should happen NOW. Dogs with underbites should not be allowed to chew their pup's umbilical cords for that very reason. The humans in control of the…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How do I revive a newborn pitbull puppy that is bleeding from umbilical cord?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do I revive a newborn pitbull puppy that is bleeding from umbilical cord?

How do I revive a newborn pitbull puppy that is bleeding from umbilical cord? Dog Breed Discussions
      The pup should have already been checked out by the vet. Obviously this did not happen, so it should happen NOW. Dogs with underbites should not be allowed to chew their pup's umbilical cords for that very reason. The humans in control of the situation need to cut them.

How do I revive a newborn pitbull puppy that is bleeding from umbilical cord? Dog Breed Discussions
    • VET. NOW.And please, don't breed her again. You need to get a proper education on dog genetics, whelping and post-natal care before you can safely breed dogs. Backyard bred dogs often end up in shelters, particularly pit bulls. On any given day, the animal shelters in my area will have dozens upon dozens of pits up for adoption, and many end up being put down. On top of that, pits that are improperly bred are more likely to be abused and more likely to become aggressive, both of which make the problem even worse. There is a HUGE chance that some of those pups will be bought by someone who will use them for either puppymilling or dog fighting, unless you're willing to take the time to search for a good home for them, which can sometimes take YEARS.You should have had them checked out by a vet right after they were born, given that you're obviously not an expert in dog whelping.

• Call your vet. You can't call your breeding mentor because backyard breeders like yourself won't have one.It’s estimated that about half the dogs killed in shelters today are pit bulls and pit-bull mixes. Nationwide, 75 percent of shelters euthanize all pit bulls, regardless of their temperament, age or history. Yet you have the audacity to bring in yet another litter. What is wrong with you?

• vet.. i dont care if u have enough money or not.. u would go to the doc. if u were bleedin badly, but they cant help em selves so u got to help it. And why didnt u take it to the vet already? it lost alot of blood obviously. Why are you breedin anyway?

• I recently helped deliver 10 puppies from my pitbull one of them died because my dog pulle the umbilical cord to hard. Now another puppy wa bleeding from the umbilical cord 3 day later I put some flour on the wound so it can heal and the bleeding stopped but it's still weak from blood loss and he won't drink. What should I do?!