When and how should I start advertising pitbull puppies?

You're getting a lot of criticism here, and it seems it's not really your responsibility, but please, please tell your dad he needs to get his dog spayed asap so this doesn't happen again.The suggestions to try to get your vet involved in placing the…

You're getting a lot of criticism here, and it seems it's not really your responsibility, but please, please tell your dad he needs to get his dog spayed asap so this doesn't happen again.The suggestions to try to get your vet involved in placing the…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : When and how should I start advertising pitbull puppies?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• When and how should I start advertising pitbull puppies?

When and how should I start advertising pitbull puppies? Dog Breed Discussions
      You're getting a lot of criticism here, and it seems it's not really your responsibility, but please, please tell your dad he needs to get his dog spayed asap so this doesn't happen again.The suggestions to try to get your vet involved in placing the pups is good. If there is a Humane Society near you, try them, but these places are usually overhwhelmed and full up = especially with homeless pit bulls and those rescued from dog fighting.If you put an ad up at your vets, or in the paper, make sure you have an application for the prospective adopters to fill out so you have some good idea as to where they are going and that they will be pets - not dog fighting victims - this is a real danger if you give them to people you don't know.Check out the prospective buyers by calling their references and any vet they list as having used so that you know these innocent puppies aren't used for fighting or trained by horrible, cruel, means to be vicious attack dogs.You have a job ahead of you, but your dad owes it to these little puppies to make sure they get good homes, and you can help. Good luck - they should not be taken from their mother until they are at least 8 weeks old, and they will need their puppy shots.

When and how should I start advertising pitbull puppies? Dog Breed Discussions
    • YOUR VETERINARIAN MAY BE A GOOD SOURCE. IF I WERE ABLE TO HAVE A DOG I WOULD BUY ONE. I HAVE SOME FRIENDS AND RELATIVES WHO OWN PITS AND WE ALL LOVE THEM. THEY'RE WONDERFUL PETS.

• I would suggest asking the veterinarians in your town if you can post something in there clinic. The people that see your add...are likely there with a pet they care for already. And lets face it...there are a lot of people that have pets that have NEVER seen a vet clinic. At least these people may weed out some of the people that shouldn't have pets.

• I'm not here you judge you, accidents happen, but... maybe she should be spayed, perhaps talk your dad into that?I would just do word of mouth, you'd be surprised that not everyone that comes to buy a pitbull is going to fight it, I had a litter of 15 puppies, and I had an application and contract, and if I just plain didnt' like the person, or they seemed too young or irresponsible, I didn't sell to them.I would try the paper, or bulletin boards, always meet the person, sit down and talk to them, etc. Get to know them before you make your decision, anyone who has to go through a lengthy process will probably give up if they're not really serious about wanting your dogs.Good luck!

• I would be very very careful who you sell these puppies too. There are far too many people out there that use pitbulls for fighting. Screen whoever comes to buy these puppies carefully. You can also do a home check too, to see how the place they will live is. Also have your father get her spayed!!! Seeing that you are only 15 I will not go into how irresponsible it is to just let your dog have puppies. It is your parents responsibility to get her fixed. Even better, get a part time job and help them get her spayed. As there are enough unwanted pets sitting in shelters and rescues.

• a small sign at all local stores. i would start letting them go to their new homes at about 6 weeks, as soon as they are eating solid food. you could go to good area in your town and take the pups in a box and sell them in the parking lot. to a park where kids are and sell them to the families there.I have had to do all these things. noo more girl dogs for me.

• Just send an advertisement to:"Michael Vick, c/o Atlanta Falcons."You irresponsible dog owners are a big part of the problem. No dog ever got pregnant "accidentally." Maybe through the owner's negligence, but never accidentally. Now shape up, get your dog spayed, and stop having these backyard litters.

• Ugg! This could get scary! I would ask your local rescue if you could work together with the process. Take some tips from them ,and dont be too cautious.

• Well, you can advertise at any time, and take deposits on pups, with the understanding that the puppies will not leave your home before 8 weeks old.Does your vet's office have a bulletin board where they allow you to post pets? Maybe a local trainer could point you in a good direction. Be sure to mention to all interested about your contracts, and be sure the contract mentions the pup must be spayed/neutered.Kudos for trying to do the best for your litter, I wish them well. And, may I suggest, if you don't want anymore unplanned babies, getting your girl spayed. I'm sure the babies are gorgeous. Best wishes! :o)

• My pitbull accidentally got pregnant. She had eight puppies which are now 2 weeks old. We want to take the safest approach to selling them. We are planning on selling them 50 each and we have 10, 9 pg. applications for all contact info. We just don't want to advertise big to attract much unneeded attention. If anyone would/could help that would be great!Ok I hate when people call me irresponsible!!! I'm 15 my dad's fault ok! I would just like some help.