What is the best cage for a puppy pitbull a wired one or a one with the wholes on the sides?

im a dog groomer and we have a lot of puppy pitbulls that come in' we would put them in a wired cage and they would tend to bite the cage but thats not always the case

What is the best cage for a puppy pitbull a wired one or a one with the wholes on the sides?

im a dog groomer and we have a lot of puppy pitbulls that come in' we would put them in a wired cage and they would tend to bite the cage but thats not always the case...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What is the best cage for a puppy pitbull a wired one or a one with the wholes on the sides?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is the best cage for a puppy pitbull a wired one or a one with the wholes on the sides?

What is the best cage for a puppy pitbull a wired one or a one with the wholes on the sides? Dog Breed Discussions
      im a dog groomer and we have a lot of puppy pitbulls that come in' we would put them in a wired cage and they would tend to bite the cage but thats not always the case

What is the best cage for a puppy pitbull a wired one or a one with the wholes on the sides? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Trust me, no plastic ones! This dog will be destructive in its puppy days. My pitbull is. I had a plastic one with the holes. In one trip away from the house(just to the grocery store for an hour) the holes were tour open and the sides mauled. The whole thing was flipped.Also, make sure you spend the money for a big cage. Bigger than 50lbs, so it'd have more room and be able to grow into it. Just invest now.I have a wire cage, just the silver cheap kind, and she can even slightly bend those bars when she's bored, but its held up a lot better than the plastic.Toys are a must, puppy kong. very durable and keeps them busy. its that or the metal crate. and you want them into the kong.

• I like wire ones because they are easier to clean...you just take the tray out and wash it. Get a wire crate that is large enough for its adult size but also has a divider so you can make the crate SMALL for him while he is a puppy. The 36 inch one (36 inches in length) is probably about right...but if you are worried it will be too small for his adult size, go with the 42" inch length one. Just be sure it comes with a divider so puppy doesn't have enough room to poop on one end and lie down on the opposite end.The space for puppy (with the divider installed) should ONLY be big enough for puppy to stand up, turn around, and lie down. As puppy learns to be house trained and can hold his potty well in the crate, you can make the crate bigger and bigger and eventually get rid of the divider and give puppy the whole crate to stay in.

• i have found with my dog that the metal kennels work best because she can see more. the pet carriers (plastic with holes) make her claustrophobic. and with a pup u can get the metal kennels that have the pannels so that u can make it bigger as they grow for house training.

• Wire one. Harder to break out of, and are open and airy so your dog doesn't feel cramped, and can see what's going on around him while he's in it. That will help with crate training at night.

• I just recently got a 6 week old chocolate pit bull last november. When I asked her trainer and at the pet store which one was best they advised me that it didn't matter weather you get a steal one , plastic one, it only matter the size. The crate needs to be just barly bigger then the dog so they do not use the bathroom in the crate. Your puppy will grow REALLY fast so I suggest getting a bigger one. I bought a medium steal one and it worked great ! Maybe just ask someone at the pet store you will get it at..

• I had a razors edge blue pit and crates didn't work real well with him. He would get anxiety when i left and go to the bathroom all threw the crate and then finally he broke the stop off our wire gorilla tough one. I would ask your vet becaue they are very strong and they can get threw anything if they want to.

• I would say wired is better for a pups b/c they like all pups tend to enjoy chewing and the plastic one w/ holes will get torn up very easily When the wired one will last a long time.Addition: I cover the crate to give my puppy the secure feeling of walls.Hope this helps!

• For most dogs the hard plastic ones are best. The wire ones are good for travelling because you can fold them up but dogs like to have walls, it makes them feel safe. The breed doesn't matter its the specific dog.