My 14 week old Pitbull Puppy ate litter out of my cats litter box. Is she going to be okay?

Dogs are known to eat their own litter, and others also. If you watch the show dog whisperer you will see that Ceaser doesn't block the litter box, instead he trains the dog that he will get a treat if he doesn't eat the litter, put a litter box in front…

My 14 week old Pitbull Puppy ate litter out of my cats litter box. Is she going to be okay?

Dogs are known to eat their own litter, and others also. If you watch the show dog whisperer you will see that Ceaser doesn't block the litter box, instead he trains the dog that he will get a treat if he doesn't eat the litter, put a litter box in front…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : My 14 week old Pitbull Puppy ate litter out of my cats litter box. Is she going to be okay?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My 14 week old Pitbull Puppy ate litter out of my cats litter box. Is she going to be okay?

My 14 week old Pitbull Puppy ate litter out of my cats litter box. Is she going to be okay? Dog Breed Discussions
      Dogs are known to eat their own litter, and others also. If you watch the show dog whisperer you will see that Ceaser doesn't block the litter box, instead he trains the dog that he will get a treat if he doesn't eat the litter, put a litter box in front of your puppy and offer him a banana, and do it everytime he goes for the litter box. You can try Ceasers technique and see if it helps. Pitbulls puppies are very smart and trainable.

My 14 week old Pitbull Puppy ate litter out of my cats litter box. Is she going to be okay? Dog Breed Discussions
    • It's time to find a new place for the litter box to live where the dog can't get to it.Make sure there's adequate water out for your pup and monitor her. More than likely she'll have gravelly poop tonight or in the morning. But because it is a clay, water is important and watch her for any unusual behavior or symptoms.It's not a bad idea to call your vet and ask ~ they have the degree to back up their advice.Cat feces are like doggie candy and your dog will become a "kitty poo crack addict" unless you move that litter box where she can't get to it. Processed cat food is too rich for dogs ~ hence the attraction as well as the reason she shouldn't dine on it... not to mention possibly ingesting parasites or other nasty's. .... Litter box lids are great as are baby gates to separate the litter box room from the dog.Best of luck and congrats on the new pup.

• Yes she is going to be fine, your puppy was just being curious. Just try to block the litter box so she doesn't get to it again. But don't block it so much that the cat can't get to it lol. Hope this helped.