How old is a Rottweiler puppy till he can/will lift his leg up to pee?

Every dog is different, my 6 year old Rotty still sometimes squats to pee, if he is marking his territory he does lift his leg.

Every dog is different, my 6 year old Rotty still sometimes squats to pee, if he is marking his territory he does lift his leg....
    Dog Breed Discussions : How old is a Rottweiler puppy till he can/will lift his leg up to pee?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How old is a Rottweiler puppy till he can/will lift his leg up to pee?

How old is a Rottweiler puppy till he can/will lift his leg up to pee? Dog Breed Discussions
      Every dog is different, my 6 year old Rotty still sometimes squats to pee, if he is marking his territory he does lift his leg.

How old is a Rottweiler puppy till he can/will lift his leg up to pee? Dog Breed Discussions
    • A very interesting question. First and foremost, this isn't uncommon to see. While most male dogs will begin doing this within the first 2-5 months, it is important to note that not all male dogs lift their leg up to urinate even through adulthood. If this is the case, do not be alarmed - it is completely normal and there is no need to train the dog to change what works for him. Just be happy he's not doing it in the house :)

• My Rottweiler puppy is almost 5months old, and is absolutely wonderful, but he pees like a horse would pee.He can get "excited" down there when he's happy, but he doesn't lift his leg up at all to pee.So I wondering if this is normal for a five month old, and when do they start to raise their leg?