Is it possible for my female pitbull to be lactating because I am 7 months pregnant?

LMFAO!!!HEL* NO!!!Dogs can & DO have FALSE PEGNANCIES!!!***SPAY IT TOMORROW!!!!******

Is it possible for my female pitbull to be lactating because I am 7 months pregnant?

LMFAO!!!HEL* NO!!!Dogs can & DO have FALSE PEGNANCIES!!!***SPAY IT TOMORROW!!!!******...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Is it possible for my female pitbull to be lactating because I am 7 months pregnant?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is it possible for my female pitbull to be lactating because I am 7 months pregnant?

Is it possible for my female pitbull to be lactating because I am 7 months pregnant? Dog Breed Discussions
      LMFAO!!!HEL* NO!!!Dogs can & DO have FALSE PEGNANCIES!!!***SPAY IT TOMORROW!!!!******

Is it possible for my female pitbull to be lactating because I am 7 months pregnant? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I can assure you this has nothing to do with you. Your dog probably has what is called a 'false pregnancy'. This is normal and often happens a couple of months after her heat. You may not have noticed the heat because it was a weak one. I have to admit that she is little early with it so soon after the last pregnancy, though. In false pregnancy the dogs produce milk in case they have to feed the offspring of another mother who got killed/eaten by a predator (this only happens, of course, in nature but it still works for our domesticated dogs). If the mammary glands are not swollen or painful to the touch everything will be over in 2-3 weeks. Otherwise consult a veterinarian for advice. He/she can find out whether your dog has mastitis or another problem which needs treatment. Once your dog is spayed the false pregnancies will be gone, too.

• They say that human mothers can re-lactate up to one year after they stop breastfeeding, I'd assume it'd be the same way or similar for dogs. It's hasn't been 6 months since she delivered, so it may be there.Now if it's in relation to your pregnancy, I have no clue.

• I have a pitbull whom had puppies last September. We had to bottle feed them because her milk is bad and she ends up infected. So she didnt get to feed them and we had to keep her away from them so her milk would dry up. Now that I am 7months pregnant she has begun to lactate again and she hasnt been exposed to be pregnant. Is this because of me?