How to get my 4 month old pitbull puppy from biting?

if he;s 4 months old then he;s probably still teething you might want to get puppy teething rings that;s what i got for my dog they also have this spray where when you spray it on something if dogs bite it it will taste bad and they wont bite it anymore.

if he;s 4 months old then he;s probably still teething you might want to get puppy teething rings that;s what i got for my dog they also have this spray where when you spray it on something if dogs bite it it will taste bad and they wont bite it anymore....
    Dog Breed Discussions : How to get my 4 month old pitbull puppy from biting?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to get my 4 month old pitbull puppy from biting?

How to get my 4 month old pitbull puppy from biting? Dog Breed Discussions
      if he;s 4 months old then he;s probably still teething you might want to get puppy teething rings that;s what i got for my dog they also have this spray where when you spray it on something if dogs bite it it will taste bad and they wont bite it anymore.

How to get my 4 month old pitbull puppy from biting? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Both Pitbulls and Labs are intense chewers, they have a very strong need to use their teeth and jaws. Don't blame the puppy for his behavior, he is just being a normal dog. It's your responsibility to train him, so anything that he chews up is your problem, not his!The puppy-biting can be stopped fairly quickly. When you are playing with a toy and the dog bites you, simply say "No biting!" and put the toy away. Completely ignore the dog, but just for a few seconds. Then start to play with the toy again, and if he bites you, repeat the process. Same thing if the dog bites you affectionately when you are not playing with him - say "no biting" and then ignore him, no touching, talking, or even looking at him, for a few moments. He will realize that when he bites, he gets no attention. And when he is nipping at your hands for a treat or toy, you should say no biting and pull away the treat/toy away, and do not give him the reward until he is not biting.As for the chewing, this is a longer process. Most puppies are chewers because they are still teething, so it's not like you are the only one dealing with the problem. The first thing you should do is puppy proof. That means the shoes, pencils, clothes, and cords that are laying around for your puppy to chew on need to put away. If there are a ton of things laying around for puppy to chew on, the puppy will chew on them. Plain and simple. You also have to teach him what is and what isn't appropriate to chew on. If puppy grabs a shoe to chew on, you need to say "No," remove the shoe from the dog, and then give him something appropriate, like a chew toy. He should also have at least one chew toy laying around for him to chew on freely, but most of the toys should be put away, so that he learns only to chew on things that you give him. When you are not watching the puppy, which is usually when they start to chew on inappropriate objects, you need to put him in a crate, or somewhere where he can stay out of trouble. Place a chew toy in the crate so that he can teeth on something other than the bars of the cage.

• My pit did the same thing when I first got him. If you kennel train him, the destructive behavior should stop. also lots of exercise. just corecct the biting behavior and tell him no. when your playing with him and he starts biting stop playing and he'll get the idea. He's a puppy, hes teething, its going to take time.

• First, have a lot of toys everywhere around the house. Every time the puppy goes to bite at you, grab a toy and put it in his mouth, then tell him in a happy voice, “Good boy! Get your toy!” Then play with him with the toy. Do this EVERY time he tries to bite. The more you do it the quicker he will get the idea that it is better to get the toy than try to bite you. He has fun with you! If you scold the puppy; or hit the puppy or yell at him, it doesn’t teach him what is right and what he will get rewarded for. By giving him a toy when he tries to bite, you are teaching him what is good and will get him rewarded. Once you have him playing with you, use the toy to teach him to walk with you. Hold the toy near your side and tell him to ‘heel’. Once he walks three or four steps, tell him OKAY! In a happy voice and throw the toy for him and tell him what a good boy he is. Gradually get him walking next to you further and further. You can teach him to sit by tucking his back legs under him and placing the toy close to him and moving his head back as he reaches for it. That will put him into a sit. As you tuck and offer the toy, say, “Sit” and then praise him when his butt is sitting and give him the toy. Eventually, he will forget all about biting and look for you to teach him things. Don’t give up on him. Be patient and teach him and he will be a wonderful pet for you.

• My 4 month old pitbull/lab mix WILL NOT stop biting. He bites everything and everyone in the house. He chews up shoes, pencils, even clothes. It might be okay now, but it wont be when he grows up. He does not bite aggressively, he knows he shouldn't be biting us. When we "yelp" he looks guilty but starts again minutes later. I've tried everything. I dont want to give him away or return him to the adoption agency, but I also don't want him to be put down for really hurting someone when he gets older. Help!

• Your 4 month old puppy is PLAYING, and he DOES NOT know he shouldn't be doing it. The fact he is a pit-bull has NOTHING to do with the issue. You need to learn how to train a puppy. You would be having EXACTLY the same issue with ANY 4 month old puppy.