How do I find the perfect pitbull breeder?

Heres the best site for pitbulls:http://www.pbrc.net/You will find whatever you need on here. "Why Breed or Buy While Shelter Dogs Die??"

Heres the best site for pitbulls:http://www.pbrc.net/You will find whatever you need on here. "Why Breed or Buy While Shelter Dogs Die??"...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How do I find the perfect pitbull breeder?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do I find the perfect pitbull breeder?

How do I find the perfect pitbull breeder? Dog Breed Discussions
      Heres the best site for pitbulls:http://www.pbrc.net/You will find whatever you need on here. "Why Breed or Buy While Shelter Dogs Die??"

How do I find the perfect pitbull breeder? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Out in Cali there are to many irresponsible breeders breeding the American Bully and APBT's and just for color.You do not want a breeder that says the specialize in this color or that. And stay away from anyone that has merles. Go to a couple of dog shows and meet some breeders. ADBA, UKC you can go to an AKC show to see some American Staffordshire Terriers and yes you can find them in blue. (My APBT's lines can be traced back to the AKC)They don't have to do stricly conformation, they can do weight pull, obedience etc. You want someone that is with a legit registry as mentioned above. Someone that does health testing on the sire and dam. Most responsible APBT breeders have a waiting list.If you find someone that says the pups are PR purple ribbon registered. That is nothing special. That only means that puppy has X amount of generations registered. To the person that said blue is not a color uh yes it is. I own 2 blues thank you very much. They are APBT's with blue noses. I do not call my dogs blue nose and get upset when people do so. Blue nose is not a type of Pit Bull it is the color of the dogs nose.Keep in mind Pit Bull is generic term for several breeds. Good luck on your search.Also keep in mind there are several blue Pit Bulls in shelters that are looking for homes too

• You will probably have to do your research on the breeders in your area but a responsible breeder is what you want.They will let you come over to there house and see the environment the pups are raised in. Will let you spend time with the mother of the pups. Will sale them no earlier then 8 weeks. Ask you if you can no longer take care of this dog to return it back to them.The pups should already have there first set of shots and been wormed. They will also come with some kind of health guaranteed. And some breeders even microchip there puppies. And will ask you all kinds of questions on why you want this breed and so onIf you can find a breeder that does all or most of this then there your best breeder for you and your future pit bull.

• Visit the UKC kennel club site and then check out their APBT listings for california.Health testingNot to many dogs used for breeding stockChampions are used for breedingHealth gaurantee of two yearsThey ask YOU questions about your lifestyle why you want this breed etc.

• Oh boy. The majority of APBT breeders these days are backyard breeders simply interested in making quick cash.It's disgusting.I don't buy any Pit Bulls, not because I don't love them, but I prefer to rescue them than buy them.http://www.petfinder.com/But general guidlines for a responsible and ethical breeders are:They don't breed more than 2 breeds.Generally have one litter a year (sometimes two)Show/Work their dogs.Are knowlegable about the breed, breed standard, genetic defects, ect.Sell their pups no earlier than 8-10 weeksParents are on site (or can show pedigree/photos of sire/dam if one is not present)Pups are kept in a healthy, clean, safe environment.You will be questioned a lotCan provide references.Pups are sold on a spay/neuter contract.The breeder will take the dog back no matter whatHealth gauranteePet quality pups are sold on limited registration--As for APBT breeders I wouldn't buy from anyone who:Claims to have 'rare' blues or classifies their dogs as a color such as 'red nose pits'Breeds for 'bully style' or anything OTHER than the breed standardDoesn't do health tests/show their dogsHas a large number of breeding stockBreeds merlesShips their pups--Uh, Just because you own one doesn't mean it's rare.'Blue Pit Bulls' are some of the most overbred APBT/mixes there are and they typically have skin conditions.

• My favorite pitbull breeder is the muggleston breeder, I don't really know what to look for but they have alot of great dogs and stories abot=ut already sold puppies. Show worthy and breeding worthy, papered, sweet, very smart and easily trained, and even have a health guarantee.

• Well, it depends on the type and style you are interested in. There are different variances now of the breed. There is the American Bully, the Game Bred, the XXL Bully, and the Pocket Pit. Game bred are the natural look and standard. Bully is just a shorter, fatter version with a ginormous head! I like both. In California there are a lot of breeders so you have to first look for what your preferences are. After you find what breeders have the dogs you like then you have to make sure they are reputable. Get references from them and make sure others are happy with what they have produced. Go to their place and see the parents up close and view their "facilities" also. If their dogs are covered in shit with 2 inch long nails don't get a puppy! The dogs have to be well-taken care of and in good quality.

• Im looking for a pitbull breeder, preferably one with blue nosed, and im wonderin what should I be lookin for when checkin out pitbull breeders?P.S. i live in california so if you know a good pitbull breeder in california lemme know.