What color pitbull dog is usually the smallest?

<------100% Pure RedNose American Pit Bull TerrierYes Rednoses are Smaller than Blue's ... look herehttp://www.atlkingpits.com/html/male_pitbulls.htmlBlue pits are thicker and bigger .....Yes there is Bluenose and there is Rednose !!!!!But both come from…

<------100% Pure RedNose American Pit Bull TerrierYes Rednoses are Smaller than Blue's ... look herehttp://www.atlkingpits.com/html/male_pitbulls.htmlBlue pits are thicker and bigger .....Yes there is Bluenose and there is Rednose !!!!!But both come from…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What color pitbull dog is usually the smallest?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What color pitbull dog is usually the smallest?

What color pitbull dog is usually the smallest? Dog Breed Discussions
      <------100% Pure RedNose American Pit Bull TerrierYes Rednoses are Smaller than Blue's ... look herehttp://www.atlkingpits.com/html/male_pitbulls.htmlBlue pits are thicker and bigger .....Yes there is Bluenose and there is Rednose !!!!!But both come from a Rednose ....Bluenose pits , are most the time mixed w/ another dog ( like a bulldog or a SBT), also they are INBREED , meaning -the father mated w/ his own daughter ,mother /son,ectATL's pit's look nice ... but compare to some of the Blues I've seen they were digusting ... You have to understand APBT's are known to have Hip problems .. and the last thing they need , is to weight 100+ pounds..APBT by UKC standard can be any nose color , but they are Medium dogs , not HugeMature Males = 30-60 lbsFemale = 30-50 lbssee look ..........http://www.ukcpitbull.com/ukcstandard.htmmy favorite is a Silver , Blue and Red mixed or a Tri Coloron the top banner~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~New England Gotti's2 puppies here ---------- >http://www.newenglandgottiline.com/gotti-line-pitbull-puppies-pups-breeder-kennel.html~~ Nice , thick .....here is a New England Pit Bull Forum http://www.network54.com/Forum/260961/you should just type in New England ( or whatever city ) Pit Bulls in the search engineand a lot of sites will pop up !!!You should really try your Humane Society thoughhere .. All breed Rescues - List of Contacts in New England http://www.geocities.com/crdtc/ne-rescu.html

What color pitbull dog is usually the smallest? Dog Breed Discussions
    • color has nothing to do with the size of them...and the color "blue" in REAL American Pit Bull Terriers is a very rare color all the ones you see nowadays are nothing but overpriced mutts. Its the lines you have to learn about game lines like Eli, Watchdog, Carver etc. are the 20-45 lbs. and then you have lines that are mostly for working Colby, York etc. they are thicker and tend to weigh 45-70 lbs. If you see any lines like Razorsedge, Gotti,Gaff, Gator (new line, old line is good), Camelot etc. then those are NOT Pit Bulls they are mutts. If you want a pup from a breeder make sure you check into that breeder and pick the right one, even if you have to travel.

• I am agreeing with the rest of the answers, the color does not determine the size. I have a purple ribbon APBT registered with UKC, she is a blue nose. The breeder I found her at first met me at a public location; so as to size me up, decide if he was going to sell to me. Then, I was invited to the home of the breeder where the dogs live. My children and myself were invited to meet 3 of the breeding dogs along with the litter of pups. The breeding dogs lived in the home with the breeder. The dogs were very well manners and my young children climbed right on them, hugging and petting them. The breeder wanted to know what history I had with the APBT and we talked extensively about the breed and two years later, we still keep in touch. Great breeder, great dogs. www.bluedragonalaska.com

• I have a red nose red coated UKC registered APBT and a blue lined black coated AKC registered AmStaff, and even though both are technically the same breed, indeed my red in smaller, but it is a product of lineage and not their color. The parents of my red where smaller APBT's and the parents of my black are much bigger AmStaffs. BOTH bloodlines are registered, but both are being judged by different standards and breeders are breeding for those standards. That sadly is the issue with pits, there are so many different looks to the purebreds these days.

• NONE!Has NOTHING to do w/anything!!!&...didn't you know that "blue"&"red" are PASSE'?? WAY last years fad-for-fools.*&* that there's no real/recognized called"pitbull"???There's the APBT=REAL breed=UKCAm.Staff.=REAL breed=AKCStaffy Bull=REAL breed=AKCPitbull (usually MIS-spelled w/2 Ts) is only a nickname/generic,used by the ignorant & the crooks who peddle them TO the ignorant. The Staffy Bull is the shortest.

• Red noses tend to be smaller and much more aggressive (Disclaimer: Aggression in pits is usually due to a lack of proper training and excerise.) I have a black nose that are usually more affectionate. Since you are asking a basic question on pits, I would suggest you get a black nose/brindle. A red nose might be too much to handle. You need to REALLY excerise a pit, so don't get one unless you are able to do so.Just to be clear, it is not the color that makes them this way it is the parents (ie - genetics). Either way, all pits in general are fun, loyal, and intelligent. Hope it helps<33

• Fur color and nose color aren't related to size. It just depends on what the parents looked like. If you go to a breeder be very careful and do a lot of research. APBT's are probably the most commonly back-yard-bred dogs, and are definitely the most common in shelters as a result. I'd start with breed clubs to get referrals to responsible breeders, then ask a lot of questions. Another option would be to go to your local shelter, Pit Bull rescue or www.petfinder.com. There are probably a million pit bulls being killed in shelters every year. Responsible, reputable breeders are people who breed to improve the breed because they love it.Their notable traits:-They show & compete their dogs.-They win titles.-They have researched animal husbandry & genetics.-They have only a few breeding dogs.-The females are at least 2 before having the first litter.-The females are bred only a few times in their lives.-The dogs live with the family.-The dog’s eyes, knees and if necessary, hips are checked at the appropriate age and they are also tested for any breed-specific health issues. -They have waiting lists for the pups before they are conceived.-They do not need to sell through pet stores, on the internet or in the newspaper.-They give potential puppy owners the 3rd degree.-They require new puppy owners to sign a contract that if they can’t keep the puppy for any reason at any time in its life, it must be returned to the breeder.-They have a spay/neuter clause in their contract.-By the time the puppy goes home it has been to the vet more than once for vaccinations and check ups.

• Why would you ever buy a pitbull from a breeder? Don't you know that there are THOUSANDS of pitbull's (even puppies) in shelters, ready to be put to sleep any day. ADOPT! Save a life! Try www.petfinder.comThe color of a dog, has nothing to do with size.

• oh geez. Okay first of all color does NOT play a part in the size of the dog. Pit bulls come in all different shapes, sizes and colors. If you are wanting one that is on the "smaller" side than go with a staffy.

• Its all a myth, color does not matter, if you exercise our dog a lot, with swimming, hiking, running, or any other out door sports then the dog will built muscle, and have strong bones. Color does not matter.

• I heard that a red nose pitbull is generally smaller then a blue. Is there any truth to that? If not is there any specific color/ or breed name within pitbull that on average is smallest other than the pitbull terrier? Aslo im interested in getting a pitbull pup for myself come spring so if anyone can refer me to a descent breeder located near New england preferably please let me know.

• There is one breed standard for the APBT - colour DOES NOT affect size or anything other than colour. If you are looking at breeders that advertise colours, you are looking at bad breeders.