what is the law for owning a pitbull inside the city limits of okc?

If your unleased dog was to get attacked it is 100% your FAULT .I am so tired of Irresponsible Owners blaming a " Pit Bull type " dog - if both dogs are Unleashed it is both of your faults . If your dog is leashed and the pit isn't it is the Pit owners…

If your unleased dog was to get attacked it is 100% your FAULT .I am so tired of Irresponsible Owners blaming a " Pit Bull type " dog - if both dogs are Unleashed it is both of your faults . If your dog is leashed and the pit isn't it is the Pit owners…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : what is the law for owning a pitbull inside the city limits of okc?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• what is the law for owning a pitbull inside the city limits of okc?

what is the law for owning a pitbull inside the city limits of okc? Dog Breed Discussions
      If your unleased dog was to get attacked it is 100% your FAULT .I am so tired of Irresponsible Owners blaming a " Pit Bull type " dog - if both dogs are Unleashed it is both of your faults . If your dog is leashed and the pit isn't it is the Pit owners fault .SIMPLE !!!!!BTW - WHy do you have a 5wk old puppy anyways ???You have IRRESPONSIBLE written ALL OVER YOU !

what is the law for owning a pitbull inside the city limits of okc? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Well OKC does have a leash law for dogs so that part is right. There is no law for Pitbulls in the OKC city limits. Only dangerous dogs. That meant if your pup bit your neighbor and they cried to the cops about it, your dog would be deemed dangerous. State of Oklahoma is against Breed specific legislation but cities do have restrictions for certain dogs ie: Pitbulls, Rotts, Doberman, German sheps, or who ever, might have to be muzzled while being walked in public or just being outside. that was just an example not an actual restriction, I don't think. To be on the safe side don't let your dog, no matter what the age, off leash or out of your site for the safety of the dog.

• That owner wasn't doing anything wrong, your wife was. Your dog needs to be on a leash no matter what. Just because you don't like "pit bulls" doesn't mean you have the right to get them banned in your area. I don't like Labs or Goldens, do I have the right to have them banned? And what may I ask are you doing with a pup that young? Irresponsible.

• pitbulls allowed unfortunately ... but there is a leash law and as much as a dislike pitbullls, the owner was within her right to tell you to leash your pup, 5 weeks or not ... which you should because maybe that pitbull owner knew her dog would go for your puppy and also knew she was not strong enough to stop it ... if your pup is leashed and contained from bounding up to a strange dog, it only protects him (and i do understand he is only 5 weeks old but never too soon to get used to a leash) ...

• My wife took our shiatsu our so he can handle his business. Well our neighbor has a pitbull pretty good size dog just so happen to be walking her dog to do the same. Now mind you we dont leash our shiatsu, he only 5wks old. The neighbor had the nerve to say he needs to be on a leash. Also take in consideration we live in an apt community.