How old can Rottweiler puppies be able to eat puppy food?

Hi Hi!Well these little puppy's can get pretty big in size. I can tell you care a lot of your dog! Ha ha, I love that! Any who. So like most have said. Puppy mush. Pick out some food that you might find ''Right'' for your dog. Like the ones you listed…

Hi Hi!Well these little puppy's can get pretty big in size. I can tell you care a lot of your dog! Ha ha, I love that! Any who. So like most have said. Puppy mush. Pick out some food that you might find ''Right'' for your dog. Like the ones you listed…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How old can Rottweiler puppies be able to eat puppy food?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How old can Rottweiler puppies be able to eat puppy food?

How old can Rottweiler puppies be able to eat puppy food? Dog Breed Discussions
      Hi Hi!Well these little puppy's can get pretty big in size. I can tell you care a lot of your dog! Ha ha, I love that! Any who. So like most have said. Puppy mush. Pick out some food that you might find ''Right'' for your dog. Like the ones you listed below your Q. Read the bags, Read the Facts, Read the Nutrition Facts. Read everything. And add water to it, Mix it up, And there your good to go! I mean its all on what your puppy may like. Some-what we can't really help you with this. And right about now you should start feeding them ''Puppy Mush'' Okay so also: I have a bowl that I used when my puppies have babies. So heres the type of bowl you should feed them so they can't knock it over. But if you don't want this, Perfectly fine, And if you already have it GREATTT!!! :D Heres a pic:http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.drsfostersmith.com/images/Categoryimages/normal/p-71753-51768H-dog.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm%3Fpcatid%3D21473&usg=__48u0aTcBdd_2fjOUc8k0BTdZ8Wc=&h=255&w=432&sz=31&hl=en&start=110&sig2=b56ojnkTfymYaZwrfAhrrw&tbnid=4bxTY80c0XuvuM:&tbnh=140&tbnw=179&ei=xfNaTOblGJT4sAP3k5T5Dw&prev=/images%3Fq%3DPuppy%2Bbowls%2Bfeeding%2Bpuppys%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1362%26bih%3D612%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C3172&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=327&oei=ivNaTNPZI-CVOM2F9KYP&esq=8&page=7&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:17,s:110&tx=113&ty=88&biw=1362&bih=612 Lol. Sorry its so long. But any who. Umm also you may feed them raw hamburger meat, And puppy formula. Alright Ima goBye Bye!

How old can Rottweiler puppies be able to eat puppy food? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I have always given my dogs pedigree. Until they are adults - about 1 year of age, I keep them on puppy food.The best way to introduce puppy food to your babies is by taking a small amount of dry puppy food and pouring boiling hot water over it. The reason I say boiling hot water, is because the hotter the water, the quicker it is absorbed but the kibble. Let it sit and soak until you can easily mash it with a fork to where is makes a mushy dish. After that add a small amount of canned food. If possible add a canned puppy food (pedrigree has those, too). You will only need to add about a 1/2 table spoon. Mix it into the now soft dry food. By then it should have cooled down enough to let the puppies eat but still be warm enough to where they will like it. You will have to put a small amount on your finger and put it into the mouth of each one of the pups since they do not know how to eat on their own yet. Putting it into their mouth will let them get a taste and once they discover that they actually like it, you won't have a problem getting them to eat on their own.They still need to have access to their mom and her milk though. Pups should be with their mom until they are at least 6 weeks old - preferably 8 weeks.Good luck

• at around 6 to eight weeks you can start introducing them to puppy chow, to start you should put it on a plate(easier for them to eat it) then mix in a little pet milk(you can find this at any food store,usually next to carnation evaporated milk or in pet isle) or regular water then put it in the microwave for about 45 seconds to help the liquid absorb in the food let it cool and when its close to their feeding time guide them to the plate....like any infant/pup it takes time and is something they have to learn

• I adopted a dog years ago that was pregnant and had 6 large puppies. I started them on rice baby cereal,warm water and plain yogurt at the age of 2-1/2 weeks.They did very well and were started on puppy food ( canned) a week later,then on soaked dry food at 4 weeks. You can try the cereal and yogurt 1-2 times a day for now,as they still need their mom's milk until 6 weeks of age.The better puppy foods are Merrick Puppy Plate,Holistic Selects,Wellness or Nature's Recipe. Bil-Jac frozen is also great for puppies.

• Ask a vet when they should start. I once had a mutt lab that had 13 pups in January, northern WI. The mother was only a 40# dog with 9 teats, and not only could she not feed them all, she REJECTED them.I used Purina Puppy chow. I would put it in a dutch oven with water, and simmer it and mush it until it was just like muk. I put it in one of those cookie sheets that had sides on it, and I would put 2 or 3 pups at a time in the cookie sheet. Their eyes weren't even open yet. They would slop around in that stuff, get it on their little paws, lick it off, and very soon learned to eat. They were less than two weeks old when they didn't have to survive on mother's milk anymore.I know those pups had solid food too young, so I don't know how long any of them ever lived. The humane society found home for all of them, two that looked like Springers came back because they were mean. Best to call the vet to see at what age to start them on solid food, and there may be a "softer" dry food than Purina that you could moosh up for them. I just brought home a 9 week old, and for the first week or so I had to put hot water on her puppy chow to soften it--but not as soft as for a 3 week old.

• Around 4 weeks is a good age to introduce them to some puppy mash. With their teeth coming in mom isn't going to want to nurse them much longer and will start weaning them on her own. For puppy mash I use 3 cups puppy food, puppy formula, puppy soft food, and warm water(this is enough for 9 medium sized dog puppies you might need to add extra). You can blend it in a blender for fast puppy mush. You should let it get to the consistency of baby cereal. Spend time introducing each puppy alone to the food for the first few times. My puppies knew what to do with it and I let the mom come back in after all of the puppies are done and clean up. Mom cleans the puppies and eats any leftover food the puppy food is good for a nursing momma dog. Each week you can increase the consistency until they are eating it dry.

• I have eight beautiful Rottweiler puppies. They are three weeks old. Their teeth are barely starting to come out. I was wondering what week is the best week to introduce them to puppy food? Please I need an answer fast!!! Please help. If you do know what would be a good and healthy food. Like pedigree,puppy chow, purina, which one?

• With a large breed puppy like a Rottie, at 3 weeks you could certainly start introducing them to "Puppy mush" (puppy kibble softened with water and mashed or blenderized) any time. I would stick with a Large Breed puppy food, my preference would be Pro Plan, Wellness, or Innova. Make sure it's a Large Breed formula because they are specially balanced to help puppies who will be over 50# as adults grow more slowly so their bones form more fully and aren't as likely to get hip dysplasia or elbow dysplasia. Also, make sure they don't get roly poly fat - fat puppies are much more likely to get hip dysplasia than lean puppies. Make sure you can always feel their ribs with slight pressure.