Is a pitbull is a good pet to have inside your house?

I'm thinking about getting a puppy, but it is a pitbull (F) i have 2 kids. would it be a good dog to keep in the house?and around my kids? we now have a min pin. but this dog (pitbull) is so cute. thanks to alli'm kind of undecided about getting this…

Is a pitbull is a good pet to have inside your house?

I'm thinking about getting a puppy, but it is a pitbull (F) i have 2 kids. would it be a good dog to keep in the house?and around my kids? we now have a min pin. but this dog (pitbull) is so cute. thanks to alli'm kind of undecided about getting this…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Is a pitbull is a good pet to have inside your house?...

• No a pitbull isnt a good house pet because they can become vicious and you would'nt want to bite your children. Kids are the most important thing in life.

• Pit Bulls are fine with kids as long as: 1. You train the dog properly 2. You train your kids properlyPits (as any dog) DO NOT SUDDENLY SNAP, or TURN, or SEE CHILDREN AS PREY.Fighting is NOT IN THEIR BLOOD.These are myths perpetuated by the news (because it keeps their audience interested) and by people who heard of a guy who's aunt once knew this kid who's face got ripped off by a...There is so much prejudice out there. In the 70's it was German Shepherds, in the 80's it was Doberman's, in the 90's it was Rotties, and now it is Pits.Yes, there are bad people out there who train their dogs to be aggressive but blame the owner not the dog.Look up a video on YouTube.com called " The Truth About Pit Bulls" by sirens-grotto IT IS EXCELLENT.

• I would train you pitbull first. Then you can yell:Sit!!! Down!!! Stay!! It would help!Good Luck!P.S.And if you dicide to keep the dog outside make sure it has shelter, and let her in every now and then!!

• I would say to go for it. Many people say that all pitbulls are mean. The truth is that it is how they are raised and trained. Teach your dog what is right and wrong at a very early age. Keep her away from other agressive dogs and give her tons of attention. Oh but don't get to rough with her.

• I have two...a female who is 9 years old and a male who is 5 years old. They are awesome pets for the immediate family but don't expect that they will just accept everyone who walks into the house. It is their job to protect 'their' family...and they do it well. They have always been great with my daughter who is 5 1/2 and I have never been afraid that they would bite her but you really have to teach the kids to respect the dog, the dog's food, and the dog's space. There is always the possibility with any dog that a child could get bitten so teaching your kids this kind of respect is of utmost importance.I have had lots of different breeds of dogs but after having these two I will never have anything else. Some things to think about though are, do you own your own home or do you rent? If you rent you could be evicted for owning a pitbull and it could be hard to find a place to rent because you have to disclose what pets you have. Also, if you own, your homeowner's insurance could be hard to come by because of the bad rap that pits have...if your dog bites someone you will be sued and if it is on your property the homeowners insurance would have to pay up...and then they would drop you.Pits are a lot of responsibility and not to be taken lightly. Each of mine has a kennel that they go in whenever anyone comes over...I think they would be okay with most people but I don't know that I want to stake anyone's life or my financial future on it. They can climb like nobody's business and we only have a chain link fence around the back yard...if the dogs are outside I have to be watching them...no putting them out and walking away. They have never gotten out and I like to keep it that way. Also, pits aren't the kinds of dogs that get a second chance...if you decide six months down the road that this is too much for you to handle, the dog isn't going to do well being passed off and if it goes to the pound it WILL be put down. This is a forever commitment.If you are ready to take on this responsibility I would suggest a female rather than a male for inside. I love my big hair boy...but he (like many male pits) is a hairy, slimy, stinky dog and there is nothing I can do about it...females tend to be more petite and much cleaner...plus, with a male you would absolutely have to get them fixed and you would have to watch out for a male to turn sometime between 18 months and 2 years...this turning is really abrupt and can be really bad if you aren't prepared for the worst. Our male was a totally social, not agressive puppy who we could take anywhere and then one day he was totally dog aggressive...he's still good with us and his mom (she's the female we have) but another dog can't come anywhere near our house without him trying to eat it.You can check out my 360 for photos...http://360.yahoo.com/alexajbully

• Hi there. If you do research you will find that pit bulls are actually great dogs to have around little kids. This is because they have a very high pain tolerance and can take children pulling on their tails, etc. But it is very important that you get the dog as a puppy and monitor it around you children. Pit bulls need lots of attention and love so it is better to keep them in the house than outside alone. They are great loving pets and wonderful for families.Just do some research on the web and you will see. Also, check out this link.http://www.pitbullproblem.tk/Hope that helps.