Is a pitbull is a good pet to have inside your house?

I'm thinking about getting a puppy, but it is a pitbull (F) i have 2 kids. would it be a good dog to keep in the house?and around my kids? we now have a min pin. but this dog (pitbull) is so cute. thanks to alli'm kind of undecided about getting this…

I'm thinking about getting a puppy, but it is a pitbull (F) i have 2 kids. would it be a good dog to keep in the house?and around my kids? we now have a min pin. but this dog (pitbull) is so cute. thanks to alli'm kind of undecided about getting this…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Is a pitbull is a good pet to have inside your house?...

• Is a pitbull is a good pet to have inside your house?

Is a pitbull is a good pet to have inside your house? Dog Breed Discussions
      I'm thinking about getting a puppy, but it is a pitbull (F) i have 2 kids. would it be a good dog to keep in the house?and around my kids? we now have a min pin. but this dog (pitbull) is so cute. thanks to alli'm kind of undecided about getting this type of dog, bcus of all the things people say about them. Please help and advice me thanks alot.

Is a pitbull is a good pet to have inside your house? Dog Breed Discussions
    • With other animals or kids, I would think a little about it and do some research. My dog does not like children and I am afraid he would bite one if I did not watch him when we have someone over with kids.

• I think inside is the best place for it. Just as long as it gets a lot of loving attention and is monitored and doesn't get picked on. Some people will tell you not to get one at all though if you have kids. But it has largly to do with how it's treated.

• I believe the way animals are treated is the way they will behave with their manorism. Such as elderly people have wonderful lap dogs that they just sit and pet all day long. They are tame and nice and gentle. Now, take these same dogs and smack em around and rough em up playing and they can become quite vicious and maybe even bite. It's all in the way you raise them.

• It would be a good dog if you devote the time and committment to train the dog!! Pitbulls need responsible owners who can train them (or take them to a class, preferably), exercise them and give them the attention, discipline and love they need.Despite popular belief, pitbulls are great with kids and they are good dogs. Don't believe the media hype. Only when irresponsible owners and street fighters get a hold on them can they pose a problem. I have two pitbulls, one step-daughter who is five years old, and one baby on the way. My dogs adore my step-daughter and vice versa. I have no reservations about my dogs around children or adults for that matter.

• 2 of my 3 sopns have pit bulls as a house pet. but they raised them from a pup. an they didnt let no one tease them are mess around the dogs faces. it is really up to u an how much time u have to spend with the puppy.

• Pitbulls get a bad rap. Generally they are wonderful pets and do well with children. I work in a veterinary clinic and would be more afraid to deal with a chihuahua than a pitbull. I honestly can't think of any of our pitbull patients that are problematic. It would be a good thing to get her into obedience training (as with any larger breed dog) when she has finished her rounds of puppy vaccines. While she is a puppy make sure you also play with her ears, face and feet...this way she doesn't learn to resent this type of attention and will therefore not mind if the kids get a little rough. It also helps the veterinarian to examine her as she gets older. I would personally have no qualms about owning a pitbull.

• pitbulls make excellent pets, I would do serious research before making any decision, they are a large dog who need fair ammount of exercise, a lot of love and attention, some dogs do have aggression issues. A pitbull, in my opinion, should only be bought from a reputable breeder who puts emphasis on breeding for good temperment.. ANY dog can be dangerous when left unsupervised with children, NEVER leave a child alone with a dog, of any breed.

• yea....pits r fine as long as they r raised right...i have one and hes never bit ne1....n we had him since a he was a puppy n we were never mean to him...its the owners that make pits mean....they r actually rele nice

• The first thing that you must know is that they are so loving my little girl who is now going on 8 years I have had her since she was five weeks old they love to sleep with you under the covers they always want to be next to you close to were you are standing sitting or walking them, they are so easy to train and they obey commands, they walk well on a leash and start them early. They are great talkers and listeners they will take up your personailty, so I hope that you have a good one they love children they react with the same kind of love you show them.

• Pit bulls are a breed that you can raise them to be the sweetest dog, but one day they can snap. They were bred for fighting and its in their blood. I have seen both sides. One friend had a pit bull from a puppy and it never even harmed the kids and was very protective. I had another friend with a puppy from the same litter, and his attacked his 2 year old son and mauled his face. Personally, I do not think they make good family pets or inside dogs. But you have to train them and send them to obedience school. By breed they can be hyper dogs, they require a lot of activity. Make sure you do as much reading up on the breed as you can. Many neighborhoods have a problem with families who have pit bulls as pets, you may also need to read your home owners association papers if you have one.

• AFTER WORKING IN AN EMERGENCY ANIMAL HOSPITAL FOR 8 YEARS, I WOULD NEVER OWN A PIT BULL. I HAVE SEEN THE RESULTS OF TOO MANY FIGHTS WHERE PEOPLE COULDN'T BELIEVE THE DOG DID WHAT IT DID. THEY ARE TYPICALLY A VERY NICE DOG BUT HAVE EXTREME TENDENCIES TO SNAP OUT OF THE BLUE. THEY HAVE ONE OF THE STRONGEST JAWS OF ANY DOG AND ARE VERY DIFFICULT TO REMOVE FROM WHATEVER OR WHOEVER THEY ARE BITING. AND I'VE SEEN MANY OWNERS END UP IN THE HOSPITAL AFTER TRYING TO BREAK UP A PITBULL DOG FIGHT. I'VE ALSO HEARD OF THEM ATTACKING OTHER CHILDREN THAT COME TO THE HOME BECAUSE THEY ARE VERY PROTECTIVE OF THEIR FAMILY. I'M SURE YOU'VE SEEN ON THE NEWS WHERE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN MAULED AND/OR EVEN KILLED BY A PITBULL. I WOULD NEVER TAKE THE GAMBLE WHEN THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF OTHER DOG BREEDS THAT ARE MORE GENTLE. NOT ONLY COULD IT HURT SOMEONE YOU LOVE, BUT THEY CAN BE A TERRIBLE LIABILITY AS WELL. YOU NEVER HEAR OF ANYONE GETTING KILLED BY A SHIH-TZU.

• These dogs are often persecuted out of fear! And what we as humans fear, we destroy! Their jaws are no more powerfull than any other large breed, they do not have a "locking jaw" and they are no more likely to attack than any other breed. You just have to be responsible and know how to handle them!!!! You cannot throw this dog out in the back yard and not pay attention to them. They MUST be kept socialized. It is when they are isolated or mistreated that the problems occur. I have a pit, Harley, inside my home with my children, a chihuahua, a sheltie, a Great Pyrenees, and 5 cats. I have not had a single problem with him, ever. I got him when he was 3-4 months old, so I raised him the way I wanted him to be...loving and gentle. He's 2 years old now. I do a lot of stray rescue and am always bringing new dogs and cats into my home and Harley loves them all and just wants to play with them. I also have kids, and their friends are over all the time. As well as my two year old niece. I worry much more about my chihuahua biting than my pit.If you don't have much experience with dogs, check out Ceasar Millian for training tips and techniques. I would recommend that you put him through obedience classes at a young age however. These dogs need to learn that you are boss and that they cannot run over you.Please do some research on this breed before you get her to be sure that you have the time and resources to put into her. This is a terrific website full of information!http://bless-the-bullys.tripod.com/