How is the personality of a 9 week old male rottweiler?

he is going to be a bully challenging you constantly for dominance after he understand that you are on top he should be submissive but still feisty at random time when he get burst of energy.

he is going to be a bully challenging you constantly for dominance after he understand that you are on top he should be submissive but still feisty at random time when he get burst of energy....
    Dog Breed Discussions : How is the personality of a 9 week old male rottweiler?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How is the personality of a 9 week old male rottweiler?

How is the personality of a 9 week old male rottweiler? Dog Breed Discussions
      he is going to be a bully challenging you constantly for dominance after he understand that you are on top he should be submissive but still feisty at random time when he get burst of energy.

How is the personality of a 9 week old male rottweiler? Dog Breed Discussions
    • my Rottweiler is turning 9 weeks old in a few days. I got him just under a week ago. He is pretty harmless but loves to chew on anything he finds- clothes, toilet roll, paper, furniture, shoes etc people. They take up a lot of attention and need consistancy in their training. I realise he is teething and have bought him toys for this and nylabones so when he does chew on something else I just say no and give him a very light tap on his nose and then give him a toy to distract him but it is tiring so you will have to be patient.But they are adorable so good luck if you get him.

• You posted your question in the bird section. You will get a better response if you repost it in the dog section.However, I do own 5 dogs - 2 of which are 85 pound pitbulls. The key to keeping any dog harmless is to keep it socialized. We take our dogs to the park and the petstore regularly. Rotts generally aren't aggressive unless they have been raised or trained to be that way. I would also recomment obedience classes. Working with your puppy regularly will make a big difference.

• I'm about to get a 9 week old male rottweiler as first pet. I'm curious to know that in general how is the personality and temperament of a 9 week old rottweiler? Since he is in his baby stage, I expect him to be harmless. How to make sure he remains harmless forever -- even to strangers?