Should I get a Pitbull puppy or a German Shepard puppy?

I want a good intelligent guard dog and I'm thinking about either a German Shepard or a Pitbull. I want one of the two but I can't decide which would be better. Any suggestions?

Should I get a Pitbull puppy or a German Shepard puppy?

I want a good intelligent guard dog and I'm thinking about either a German Shepard or a Pitbull. I want one of the two but I can't decide which would be better. Any suggestions?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Should I get a Pitbull puppy or a German Shepard puppy?...

• I have a mixed pit bull and boxer she is not aggressive. i prefer pit bull better than German Shepard because they always have trouble with a Health issue. Pitt bull if you train them right they will not be aggressive mine she loves people and dogs and she is smart when I Tell her not to do something she stop except jumping the doctore that it will take long beside that she is very good even the neighbors where surprised that she doing good at her age as a puppy you just don't give up I didn't waist money on dog class I did it on my one 24/7 for three months now I can go and leave her at home no worry. take her for a walk she don't pull the leash any more.

• Pit bull purchases can be risky. I own a pit bull and rescued her from being euthanized. She was bred to be a fighting dog. If you find a pit bull breeder make sure the sire and bitch papers are legit and that they were never used for fighting. That is a reason pits have such a bad rep because people are trying to make money. Pit bulls are LOYAL!!!!! They have very sweet personalities but you have to be loving and kind. If you show hostility they are very stubborn and will not listen. Patience is the key to raising a pit. German shepards are very loyal also but are very intelligent dogs. Easy to train. They get about 15 to 20 pounds heavier than a pit and are taller. I can't tell you which to pick because they can both be very good pets. I just gave you a few ideas to go off of when choosing.

• Pit Bulls make terrible guard dogs because of there natural love for all human things. And the people who think they do make good guard dogs, really are the ones who have no idea about the breed and indeed ignorant. They are causing a good breed to get banned. There main purpose was to be NON human aggressive.If you want a pit bull, you really should have some dog experience. They're really not for the first time dog owner or a wish washy owner. They're strong dogs that need experienced and strong owners to lead them and not let them get into trouble or roam freely. And if you plan to turn this dog into a guard dog, do yourself the favor of not a getting a dog. Dogs are pets, not something you throw out in a yard to guard things. This goes for GSD's as well. If you are not capable of owning a strong breed with capability of being aggressive or fearful if not properly socialized ( just like the pit bull ), don't get a breed like this. Its bad enough we have too many irresponsible owners in the world, we dont need more.Just remember a guard dog really isn't necessary unless you live in an area where it is certainly a reccomendation. But to that point, it's rare that it reaches that point. Because remember, if an intruder is serious about getting into your home, a dog will not stop them...