Does anybody know about the English Shepherd, Plummer Terrier, and the German Hunting Terrier?

They're kinda unique and most people havnt even heard about them. I just want to know about their characteristics as far as them being pets.

Does anybody know about the English Shepherd, Plummer Terrier, and the German Hunting Terrier?

They're kinda unique and most people havnt even heard about them. I just want to know about their characteristics as far as them being pets....
    Dog Breed Discussions : Does anybody know about the English Shepherd, Plummer Terrier, and the German Hunting Terrier?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Does anybody know about the English Shepherd, Plummer Terrier, and the German Hunting Terrier?

Does anybody know about the English Shepherd, Plummer Terrier, and the German Hunting Terrier? Dog Breed Discussions
      They're kinda unique and most people havnt even heard about them. I just want to know about their characteristics as far as them being pets.

Does anybody know about the English Shepherd, Plummer Terrier, and the German Hunting Terrier? Dog Breed Discussions
    • So rare that you are sure to find that they are not yet actually breeds.But if they ARE breeds, recognised in their country of origin by the national kennel club there that is accepted by the KCs of the other countries, you will find them listed in http://www.fci.be/nomenclature.aspxThe terriers will presumably be listed in #3 the Terrier group, the shepherd in #1 the Sheepdogs group. But if they are very recent breeds they will be only provisionally recognised, and you need to scroll down that "nomenclature" page to that separate section for provisionals.Be aware that breeds are listed first in the language of their country of origin, so the German pooch will presumably be found under its German name, just as my breed is found under [D] for Deutsche Schäferhund, not under [G] for German Shepherd Dog.It is more likely that they are still at the mongrel stage and recognised by no-one except the person trying to sell them. If you think they are Yank breeds-in-development, click http://www.akc.org/breeds/index.cfm?nav_area=breeds then look through the Foundation Stock Service list to see whether the AKC is even thinking of recognising them in the foreseeable future.As I have no idea what breeds have gone into the mix, I cannot give any specific advice as to their temperaments, but....Is the "English Shepherd" a guardian breed or a herding breed? GENUINE herding dogs such as the Border Collie & the GSD are very focussed on their humans. But guardian breeds include such as the Anatolian Shepherd, the Maremma, and the Puli, so expect one to have their sort of character.It is characteristic of all Terrier-based breeds to have spitfire tempers, and to undergo instant temporary deafness whenever their owner attempts to issue a command that would interfere with the fun/fight the Terrier intends to have.Les P, owner of GSD_Friendly: http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/GSD_Friendly"In GSDs" as of 1967