Anatolian Shepherd Dog Cancer?

I know I've asked this, but I want to get as many opinions as possible. My Anatolian Shepherd Dog has cancer. She is 11 years old and has a small cluster of tumors in her brain, one on the outside of her head, and the vet thinks that the cancer is…

I know I've asked this, but I want to get as many opinions as possible. My Anatolian Shepherd Dog has cancer. She is 11 years old and has a small cluster of tumors in her brain, one on the outside of her head, and the vet thinks that the cancer is…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Anatolian Shepherd Dog Cancer?...

• Anatolian Shepherd Dog Cancer?

Anatolian Shepherd Dog Cancer? Dog Breed Discussions
      I know I've asked this, but I want to get as many opinions as possible. My Anatolian Shepherd Dog has cancer. She is 11 years old and has a small cluster of tumors in her brain, one on the outside of her head, and the vet thinks that the cancer is spreading to her lymph nodes. Her cancer is very aggressive. She is having surgery tomorow and has already had one dose of chemotherapy. Should I continue the treatment of euthanise her?

Anatolian Shepherd Dog Cancer? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Oh,if she is having surgery and has already started chemo,I would wait and see.If she responds badly to the chemo,then I would just stop it and let her live the rest of her days out happy and eating,not nauseated and in pain. Dogs seems to have less side effects than people,though,so she may feel fine during chemo.Only you can make the final decision,and I know that it is a hard one. best of luck,and I hope the treatment can give you some more quality time with her.

• I have an Anatolian Shepherd too.I am so sorry you are going through this. I am also very sorry, but I think the best course of action at this point is to euthanise her. It's going to be harder for you than for her, but you will be putting her out of the pain she is most likely in.Be sure you are there with her. She will know that this is the right thing to do. (I've been there with 4 of my pets)Poor baby, and poor you, too, for this is a very hard decision to make. I will remember you in my prayers.