What should I do about a rottweiler chasing my diary goats?

My suggestion would be to buy or borrow a semi-automatic BB gun powered by CO2 cartridges. Next time he shows up let fly at him as fast as you can shoot accurately and don't stop until he is out of range or out of sight. Give him no more than two chances…

My suggestion would be to buy or borrow a semi-automatic BB gun powered by CO2 cartridges. Next time he shows up let fly at him as fast as you can shoot accurately and don't stop until he is out of range or out of sight. Give him no more than two chances…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What should I do about a rottweiler chasing my diary goats?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What should I do about a rottweiler chasing my diary goats?

What should I do about a rottweiler chasing my diary goats? Dog Breed Discussions
      My suggestion would be to buy or borrow a semi-automatic BB gun powered by CO2 cartridges. Next time he shows up let fly at him as fast as you can shoot accurately and don't stop until he is out of range or out of sight. Give him no more than two chances to learn; if he still comes back, it's time to use the shotgun. I had the same problem with stray dogs attacking my rabbits in their hutches and since I live in a city I couldn't use a real firearm to apply the "Final solution". The BB gun worked like a charm!

What should I do about a rottweiler chasing my diary goats? Dog Breed Discussions
    • hi their, yes i know what you are saying , but you know if this dog kills your goat the owner will never own up to it, they don;t wont to pay for your animals[yes,] get a shot gun now before you lose a goat and it can happen any time you have the right to protect your live stock and the food you get from these goats please get some one you can trust to shoot the dog or you do it i would in a min. dogs love to just kill and thy will wipe you out get a 12gauge use buck shot Number 4and you can do this your self it wont hurt you put gun to shoulder and look down sights and see only the attacker pull trigger if you don;t hit then it will scare him off for a while . but put your goats close to you until you can get some one to help you get this guy gone . your animals are where thy are to be but this thing is going to attact them soon when he can corner one then the taste, will keep him on killing its the fun or running and biting and the kill that over whelms them please get help now or you do it good luck sorry this has to come to this but people don't care about others property or live stock.

• Do you know someone with a shotgun? Do as you would if any other predator was threatening your livestock. If the owner actually cared about their dog, they would keep it at home.If you really don't want to kill the dog, see if you can catch it and turn it over to animal control, or the nearest shelter, or wherever stray dogs go in your area.

• I would try to trap or sedate the dog somehow and take it to an animal shelter or rescue or pound, what ever is around you. That way you don't have to feel horrible about killing a dog.I used to live in the country and someone would drop a dog off by our house every week. It is really sad. This might be one of those dogs.

• I agree with the shotgun idea.Do you know who the dog belongs to? If you can catch it and tie it up to their front doorknob a few times, they might get the idea.... if not, perhaps you can pack it up and take it to a pound somewhere, as a stray on your property?

• This is a huge dog even considering rottweilers size and has repeatedly chased my young does. The police only say "ain't you got a shotgun"? These goats are worth hundreds of dollars each and I cannot afford to loose them to a dog. No one within miles of my farm has a rottweiler or knows who might be the owner!