How much/often do I feed my rottweiler mix puppy?

i suggest 4 meals a day until about 5 months, then 3 meals until 6 months. and then 2 until 1 year old, or when she starts ignoring her middle meal. and then continue feeding 2 meals a day for the rest of her life. it's best not to feed a dog once a day…

i suggest 4 meals a day until about 5 months, then 3 meals until 6 months. and then 2 until 1 year old, or when she starts ignoring her middle meal. and then continue feeding 2 meals a day for the rest of her life. it's best not to feed a dog once a day…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How much/often do I feed my rottweiler mix puppy?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How much/often do I feed my rottweiler mix puppy?

How much/often do I feed my rottweiler mix puppy? Dog Breed Discussions
      i suggest 4 meals a day until about 5 months, then 3 meals until 6 months. and then 2 until 1 year old, or when she starts ignoring her middle meal. and then continue feeding 2 meals a day for the rest of her life. it's best not to feed a dog once a day because then she'll be hungry all day until the meal comes along. if you feed twice a day, then she'll be satisfied all day. plus, if you feed her one large meal, she may eat too fast and feel sick. but if you really want to, you can start feeding one meal a day starting when she's a year old.i suggest you ask the people at the shelter what they fed her so you can make the transition from their food to a brand you prefer. if there is no transition, your puppy may feel sick. you can transition by mixing 3/4 of their food with 1/4 of your food, and feeding that for about a week, then 1/2 and 1/2, then 1/4 of theirs with 3/4 of yours, until your puppy is eating your brand :) i also recommend feeding kibble because it's hard and helps clean your puppy's teeth. if your pup isn't eating, you can add some water and let the kibble absorb it a bit, and then feeding her. but make sure not to let it sit for more than 5 minutes. otherwise, the food will go bad.i feed my toy poodle Canidae because "it does not have dyes, chemical preservatives, by-products, and salt and sugar additives that can make a puppy hyper. Canidae t has 2 protein sources in the first 3 ingredients, which is recommended in a good dog food. and includes Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids" (i got this directly from a packet my breeder gave me).you'll know when you're feeding the right amount because the perfect weight for a dog is when you place both hands on both sides of the dog's ribs from above. when you press gently, you should be able to feel a bit of the ribs, and not too much.peeled and chopped vegetables and fruits (apples, pears, potatoes, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, squash, spinach, tomatoes, and melons such as watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe) help puppies with teething, and RAW bones (chicken, turkey, lamb, beef) help clean teeth and keep gums healthy. cooked bones will splinter in the throat, while raw bones bend.the above paragraph/list was also directly from a packet my breeder gave me :)good luck :)

How much/often do I feed my rottweiler mix puppy? Dog Breed Discussions
    • ur suppost to always make sure ur dog has food in its bowl when its empty fill it up whoever says other wise is not a responsible dog owner a dog will eat untill hes full i dont listen to anything the dog food bag says i alawys have their bowl full and they spread it through the day sometimes two days

• Three times a day and I highly recommend Canidae All Life Stages. Whatever u do, don't feed anything that is sold in a supermarket. Give this dog the best start in life. Other good dog foods are Wellness, Innova Evo, Blue Buffalo, Solid Gold, Orijen, Eagle Pack and other holistic foods with no corn or wheat or fillers or other disgusting stuff that u would puke if u knew what was in some of that crap in the grocery store. Look on the bag and see how much to feed but about 3/4 of a cup to a cup 3 times daily is a good start. Don't leave it out all the time though ...it'll make him fat. Good luck and congrats.

• get any large breed puppy food. try lamb and rice those are easy to digest.1-2 cups 3 times per day... until the vet see her. Our pups love purina large breed puppy chow.. Pups are constintly growing.. leave food and water available at all times...iams is good, maximum, purina, science diet,

• i would feed her 3 times a day, about 1 cup at each feeding...monitor how well this amount works and adjust as needed. if the dog is healthy and keeps weight on well you can switch to twice a day between 3 & 4 months.i feed pro plan puppy, great food

• For food brand, I suggest going to an all natural pet food store. If they are a good store, they have samples and will let your puppy check it out. They reccommend to see what the puppy favors, and start with that. If it doesn't work, you keep trying. Did it for my puppy. =)As for amount and how often... check the package. It will give you a reccommended feeding amount. Divide it into 3 feedings. (Some people reccommend 4... see how active your dog is and make your own judgement. Either is fine.) For example, my pug is supposed to have a cup a day, so he gets 1/3 cup between 8 and 9AM, another 1/3 cup between 1 and 2PM, then the last 1/3 between 6 and 7PM.

• I just adopted an 8-week old rottweiler mix puppy! She was a rescue dog so they were not sure her exact breed but think she is part rott, lab, and german shepard. They did not give me any info on what they have been feeding her. How much/often should I be feeding her? Also, any suggestions on food brands are appreciated. Thanks!