Which dog breed can be killed by chocolate? My two dogs has eaten it before and their fine...?

Or does it just vary??my dogs are collie X kelpie and blue cattle dog...They eaten over 5 full family share block of chocolate..and they never gotten sick or been close to kill.Oh! Just to let you know, they managed to get them from tables etc...

Which dog breed can be killed by chocolate? My two dogs has eaten it before and their fine...?

Or does it just vary??my dogs are collie X kelpie and blue cattle dog...They eaten over 5 full family share block of chocolate..and they never gotten sick or been close to kill.Oh! Just to let you know, they managed to get them from tables etc......
    Dog Breed Discussions : Which dog breed can be killed by chocolate? My two dogs has eaten it before and their fine...?...

• ALL breeds of dogs can become seriously ill and could even die from eating chocolate. It is toxic to them. The darker it is, the more dangerous to them as it contains more cocoa and the ingredient theobromine is what makes them sick.It can also be potentially fatal if eaten as it iritates the GI tract and be treated asap, such as induced vomiting to get it out of the system.The size of the dog also matters, a smaller dog would be more affected by the same amount as a larger breed.Theobromine's effect on the body:Central Nervous System (CNS) stimulant Cardiovascular stimulantIncrease blood pressure (mild) Nausea and vomitingSigns of toxicity are most commonly seen within 12 hours (or less) of chocolate ingestion:- Excitement / nervousness / trembling - Vomiting / diarrhea - Excessive thirst / sometimes excessive urination (at higher levels of Theobromine toxicity) - Muscle spasms - Seizures - Coma (rare - Death (rare) -- likely due to heart rhythm abnormalitiesYour dogs may have been lucky in the fact they didnt become really ill, unless they had a bad case of diarrhoea at all? In which case the chocolate would have done that.Next time they may not be so lucky!!

• only thing i want to say is don't EVER give your dogs that much chocolate, dogs aren't used to a lot of sugar and in their throat and stomach its unusually sticky, they could either choke on it or it could stay in their stomach and develop stomach cancer.