Is an australian shepherd worthless when it comes to guarding or defending?

They're such cute dogs but compared to a german shepherd they're not much of a match in terms of guarding. Well they can guard but what i meant to say was they can't attack if need be. If they did attack i'm sure it wouldn't be much of an attack.

They're such cute dogs but compared to a german shepherd they're not much of a match in terms of guarding. Well they can guard but what i meant to say was they can't attack if need be. If they did attack i'm sure it wouldn't be much of an attack....
    Dog Breed Discussions : Is an australian shepherd worthless when it comes to guarding or defending?...

• Is an australian shepherd worthless when it comes to guarding or defending?

Is an australian shepherd worthless when it comes to guarding or defending? Dog Breed Discussions
      They're such cute dogs but compared to a german shepherd they're not much of a match in terms of guarding. Well they can guard but what i meant to say was they can't attack if need be. If they did attack i'm sure it wouldn't be much of an attack.

Is an australian shepherd worthless when it comes to guarding or defending? Dog Breed Discussions
    • All dogs will attack if their owner is being hurt or in danger, but you shouldn't really get a dog for a guard. You should get a dog for companionship, with guarding being a plus. Do a lot of research on the breed, don't just rely on answers on here.

• Aussies are herding dogs not guard dogs. The notion that any and every dog will protect their owner if they are in danger is bull. Reliable protection comes from breeding and trainingMedium sized dogs are fully capable of doing damage.

• Australian Shepherds are not guard dogs by any means. And no, not "all dogs" will "attack" or "protect" or whatever the heck you want to call it a stranger who they deem is putting you in danger.The only way to truly feel protected by your dog is if it has been professionally trained in personal protection. A GSD would be a better candidate for such a task.