Rottweiler registration with AKC is it illegal not to? Im clueless about registration?

no you don't have to if you don't want to but if you go to breed her you can't sell the puppies high priced cause you didn't registered her and if she has puppies and she is registered you can get like 550 for females and 450 for males and if not…

Rottweiler registration with AKC is it illegal not to? Im clueless about registration?

no you don't have to if you don't want to but if you go to breed her you can't sell the puppies high priced cause you didn't registered her and if she has puppies and she is registered you can get like 550 for females and 450 for males and if not…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Rottweiler registration with AKC is it illegal not to? Im clueless about registration?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rottweiler registration with AKC is it illegal not to? Im clueless about registration?

Rottweiler registration with AKC is it illegal not to? Im clueless about registration? Dog Breed Discussions
      no you don't have to if you don't want to but if you go to breed her you can't sell the puppies high priced cause you didn't registered her and if she has puppies and she is registered you can get like 550 for females and 450 for males and if not registered you can get like 250 for males and 350 for females but its really up to you... cause i got an 10 week old chihuahua and hes getting registered with CKC cause thats where his mom and dad are registered with and the breeder so im getting his papers and when i get a female with ckc papers i will registered her and breed her with my male and i can sell the puppies normal price of a chihuahua which its not cheap either so i don't know... but its up to you but would you rather have a rottweiler with paper and to breed her or would your rather have a rottweiler with no papers and sell the pups cheap i mean its up to you though... you don't have to reg her...I got an rottweiler to and she is a pure bred but she don't have papers and shes a big baby.. she will be 11 march 17th....

Rottweiler registration with AKC is it illegal not to? Im clueless about registration? Dog Breed Discussions
    • It's not illegal to not register your pup. I have a pure bred saint, she came with registration papers which I never bothered sending in as I was not breeding or showing her. Totally your call on if you want to do this.Good luck!

• You don't HAVE to register the dog - but they need to be registered in puppyhood or they can't be and it costs $5 so why not? Usually this is consider proof they are prebred.....AKC is the biggest & most prestigious registry in the US UKC is another good one.There are two CKC registires - one is the equvlaent of AKC in canadia- CANADIAN kennel clubHowever now we come to the other CKC (contential kennel club) and the ACAAKC (and UKC) have strict standards and anyone caught fudging records can be banned from ever registering a dog again and in addition AKC is now cracking down on conditions in "high volume" breeders. AS a result some of those banned breeders created "registries" of their own(CKC & ACA being two) so they could continue selling "registered" pups - many of them don't actually care if the pup is the breed claimed. All of them are a red flag that the pup is NOT well breed and possibly is not pure.

• I had a 1/2 German bred Rottie and he was the absolute best dog. Only AKC or the Canadian Kennel Club are the usual valid registries in the USA. German dogs are registered in Germany as well. You do not have to register your dog as long as you never plan to show or breed it. I have usually bought my large breeds for showing and although I never bred any of them I multi titled most so they were all AKC and some were dual registered with the USA, United Schutzhund Club. My all German bred German Shepherd's parents were both registered in Germany and with the AKC. He was AKC and USA registered. Even a purebred without papers that is neutered can be ILP, Indefinite Listing Privilege, with AKC if you later choose to show in obed, agility, tracking or any venue but the breed ring. USA does register purebreds for Schutzhund too last I knew.

• The AKC is the American Kennel Club, the CKC is the Canadian kennel club, and the ACA is another which I know little about so the person above saying that they are not trustworthy is perhaps a little confused. You dont have to register you're dog to a kennel club, it is not compulsary, though you might get certain discounts when you visit the vet for the first time if you are regisered with a club, my mothers tibetan got a free check up for being registered. Also, you're dog IS german if it was bred from german parents but make sure you get a full pedigree as proof of this, you will aslo need this to register you're dog. The only reason for signing up to a kennel club is if you want to show you're dog, if it is just a family pet then there is no need.

• I am going to get a pure german rottweiler soon and i was curious in my searchings I see people say they are AKC, ACA, or CKC registered. I dont' know anything about this. Could someone explain to me if it is necessary to get them registered. Is it illegal not to? Does it matter where they are registered?

• You don't ever have to get a pet registered just because it is pure breed. That's you're choice. You need to make sure both parents of the dog are AKC registered, (if you are in the US) as that is the only way to be able to register your dog. People who use other ways of registering other than AKC do so because they are not using AKC registered animals to breed with. This is usually irresponsible breeding and done only to make money. And it is possible to get a German Rottweiler even if it was born in the US. It simply means that the parents or grandparents (hopefully) were imported from Germany and that they are breeding to enhance characteristics sought after there.