How to potty train a 5 year old rottweiler?

I have a 5 year old rottweiler, she was outside, but now I am training her to be inside. I am wondering what is the best way to potty train her. She asks to go outside, but not every time. Another question - what is the best way to leave her when I go to…

I have a 5 year old rottweiler, she was outside, but now I am training her to be inside. I am wondering what is the best way to potty train her. She asks to go outside, but not every time. Another question - what is the best way to leave her when I go to…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How to potty train a 5 year old rottweiler?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to potty train a 5 year old rottweiler?

How to potty train a 5 year old rottweiler? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have a 5 year old rottweiler, she was outside, but now I am training her to be inside. I am wondering what is the best way to potty train her. She asks to go outside, but not every time. Another question - what is the best way to leave her when I go to work (I'm gone for about 9 hours). I got her a fairly big indoor exercise pen and a crate, but I usually leave her in the bathroom with a potty pad and water. She has been having quite a few accidents, and even peed on her bed. She is a really smart dog, I just need to know the proper way to train her. I appreciate any tips.

How to potty train a 5 year old rottweiler? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Just like a puppy. Don't give her the opportunity to pee inside. You take her out every hour like you would with a pup. She'll pick up on it. Leaving her home for 9 hours with no break isn't helping though. You need to come home to let her out at least twice during the day. Sure, she CAN hold it because she is an adult but she is still learning the do's and don'ts of indoor life.