What size crate should I get for an adult male rottweiler?

I am going to suggest a giant dog crate. He may reach the height of 24" to 27" and a weight of 110-130. The giant dog crate dimensions are 28"W x 48"L x 36"H weight up to 160 lbs. An extra large 26"W x 42"L x 30"H up to 100 lbs. Which ever you chose…

I am going to suggest a giant dog crate. He may reach the height of 24" to 27" and a weight of 110-130. The giant dog crate dimensions are 28"W x 48"L x 36"H weight up to 160 lbs. An extra large 26"W x 42"L x 30"H up to 100 lbs. Which ever you chose…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What size crate should I get for an adult male rottweiler?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What size crate should I get for an adult male rottweiler?

What size crate should I get for an adult male rottweiler? Dog Breed Discussions
      I am going to suggest a giant dog crate. He may reach the height of 24" to 27" and a weight of 110-130. The giant dog crate dimensions are 28"W x 48"L x 36"H weight up to 160 lbs. An extra large 26"W x 42"L x 30"H up to 100 lbs. Which ever you chose make sure he can move around. You may also need to purchase a divider that can be moved has he grow. Good luck. http://www.happypuppypetgate.com

What size crate should I get for an adult male rottweiler? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I can't give you exact dimensions, I can't predict how large your dog will get! But a Rottweiler is a big dog, and if you want a cage he grows into, find a large one that you can put a divider into. The crate should only be big enough for your dog to be able to lie down comfortably and also be able to stand up and turn around comfortably. If it's too big, when you're dog is a puppy, he'll have accidents in his crate. The less accidents in the crate, the easier it is to potty train.

• I would get at least the 36'' large, and maybe the extra large. I think the plastic crates are more of a natural den and less of a cage. Also, if you ever fly, they are required. The crate must be big enough for the dog to stand erect in to fly. There are fewer cases of them opening accidentally too. He should be big enough at that age not to need to block off part of it.

• I don't think you'll find a big enough crate. I've never seen one. Why don't you try a sturdy puppy pen, tall and wide enough. If you do find a crate, get one that is two times the present size of the puppy standing up straight and wide enough fro 3 pups his size. XL basically. Have fun!

• XL. I very much support crating pets when you are not at home to directly supervise them, but they should have plenty of room while in there. A rottie... you'll need at the very least a large, but I'd go XL.

• I would recommend a wire crate with the plastic bottom trays, and probably an Extra large. I like the wire crates because they give a lot more air flow than the plastic ones, and the bottom trays are easy to pull out and clean, PLUS they fold up easily and can be very easily moved.Edited to add this XL crate dememsion and weightCrate Size 48 L x 30 W x 33 H Dog Weight 91 - 110 lbs

• I adopted a rottweiler puppy (5 or 6 months old) from the Humane Society last week. I want to get a cage that he'll grow into. I've never had a dog this big before, so I don't know how big/tall of a crate I should get.Thank you!I mean dimensions.