What are some advantages and disadvantages of owning a Rottweiler?

Rotties are great dogs.They are good watch dogs and family dogs though they have been known to like to asert dominance in the houshold.Meaning growling snapping maybe a nip or to.

Rotties are great dogs.They are good watch dogs and family dogs though they have been known to like to asert dominance in the houshold.Meaning growling snapping maybe a nip or to....
    Dog Breed Discussions : What are some advantages and disadvantages of owning a Rottweiler?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What are some advantages and disadvantages of owning a Rottweiler?

What are some advantages and disadvantages of owning a Rottweiler? Dog Breed Discussions
      Rotties are great dogs.They are good watch dogs and family dogs though they have been known to like to asert dominance in the houshold.Meaning growling snapping maybe a nip or to.

What are some advantages and disadvantages of owning a Rottweiler? Dog Breed Discussions
    • If you get your rottie as a pup he will do great in this situation. This is exactly what my parents did wit ours when I was a kid. I grew up with rotts so the person who made the previous post obviously isnt familiar with the breed, my dog was like my best friend. He wasnt even fixed because we bred him and charged stud fees, even then he was not agressive. So as long as its kept inside while your home and potty trained for its baby months that should be fine. But I hope you have a fair sized yard with a good fence, they dig. Be wary of any digging activity, it wont take them long to dig right under the fence.

• My other question was about a Doberman, but I think more of a hearty dog would be better suited--indoor and outdoor dog. My parents own a Rottweiler and he does well outdoors. I'm thinking I could leave a Rott outside while we're at work and keep in him other times.Any advice about Rotts?