Are their different types of Yorkshire terriers?

I have a black and tan Yorkshire terrier at home but she doesn't look like other Yorkshire terriers. Usually i see a lot of Yorkshire terriers with long hair, short hair,some with silky hair, some with wire hair, some with black and tan, and some with…

I have a black and tan Yorkshire terrier at home but she doesn't look like other Yorkshire terriers. Usually i see a lot of Yorkshire terriers with long hair, short hair,some with silky hair, some with wire hair, some with black and tan, and some with…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Are their different types of Yorkshire terriers?...

• Are their different types of Yorkshire terriers?

Are their different types of Yorkshire terriers? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have a black and tan Yorkshire terrier at home but she doesn't look like other Yorkshire terriers. Usually i see a lot of Yorkshire terriers with long hair, short hair,some with silky hair, some with wire hair, some with black and tan, and some with this grayish color on their backs and tan. Is it just based on what their parents look like or are there different kinds of Yorkshire terrier?

Are their different types of Yorkshire terriers? Dog Breed Discussions
    • there is only ONE type of Yorkshire terrier there are however those who fit the standard and those that don'tShort haired yorkies are clipped to look that way. Its a long haired breed. those who are blue and tan/gold have the proper color of the breed. the black should start to grey out so to speak as the pup grows. In some yorkies this doesn't happen so they stay black and gold/tan into adulthood.